Chapter 18

"Hey, guys! How are you doing?" Griffin greeted, waving at the camera as the comments flooded in. "Today, I thought I’d do something fun and cook lunch while chatting with you all."

As he began gathering the ingredients, he casually mentioned, "So, what are we making today? I’m thinking of two dishes. First up, sinigang because they’ve been nagging me to cook it; it’s their favorite. And for my two crazy friends, I'm preparing some classic grilled lemon herb chicken with roasted vegetables and a fresh garden salad. Even a rock star's gotta eat healthy sometimes, right?"

Griffin moved around the kitchen with ease, combining tamarind paste, tomatoes, radish, and leafy greens for the sinigang broth. "You know, cooking is a great way to relax and show someone you care about them," he said while stirring the pot. "Since I came here, I realized that I’ve been cooking more. Not just because I prefer homemade meals over takeout, but because I love to cook for them. I want them to feel my love through my actions rather than just my words."

He added the pork to the simmering broth, then glanced at the camera with a sly grin. "I am known for expressing my feelings through my songs and music, that's true. But I much prefer to act on my feelings rather than just talk about them."

The comment section exploded with questions and speculation. Griffin chuckled, clearly enjoying the reaction. "Where are the cats? Here," he said, washing his hands and taking his phone to show his cats playing in the living room, with Buzz in front of the kitchen counter watching him while Lingling trying to get his brother attention.

Griffin turned the camera back on himself and paused to read the comments. Many viewers were excited to see the cats again, but some had noticed the boxes of appliances that he and Aiah had bought together for her condo in the corner of the living room and were shocked to see Lingling with the other cats.

He paused for a moment, a soft smile playing on his lips as he thought of Aiah, ignoring their questions about it.

As he prepped the vegetables, chopping carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini, he continued to tease his viewers. "Oh, and about those rumors with Jho... What can I say? We get along great. I mean, who wouldn't want to be linked with someone as amazing as her, right? Jack and Rim enjoy being with her. It's just sad that the others aren't here with her."

"Which one of them I can see myself dating?" He laughed, glancing at the camera and winking. "Maraiah."

With the vegetables roasting in the oven, Griffin turned his attention to the salad. "She’s one of the sweetest, most charming, and humble people I’ve ever met," he said, a smile spreading across his face, his eyes sparkling with affection. "Every time the girls come in to hang out with me, she’s always thinking, ‘How can I make all my friends and loved ones feel better?’ That’s just who she genuinely is."

He paused for a moment, clearly lost in thought. "And I’m like... damn. She’s so good. It’s incredible to see someone so selfless, always putting others first. I’ve learned so much from her about kindness and generosity."

Griffin’s smile widened as he chopped the vegetables for the salad. "Honestly, just thinking about her brings a smile to my face. She has this way of making every moment special, and I can’t help but feel grateful to have her in my life. Cooking for them is my way of showing just how much I appreciate and love them."

Just then, Jackson came down the stairs, his hair tousled and a mischievous grin on his face. "What's up, everyone?" he said, jumping into the frame. "Cooking with Griff? Now this I've got to see."

Griffin rolled his eyes playfully. "Jackson, you're just in time to mess things up, aren't you?"

"Hey, I'm here to help," Jackson protested, reaching for a cucumber and pretending to juggle it. "Or at least, keep things interesting."