News Are Out

The song choice for this chapter is "People You Know" from Selena Gomez.

Hogwarts Student Not Found Guilty

In August, Sebastian Sallow was found not guilty of murdering his uncle Solomon Sallow in March of last year. The now sixth-year student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was accused of having taken the life of his uncle with the killing curse. Yet, after a trial took place in the middle of August, Mr Sallow was acquitted on the base of self-defence.

It was indeed Miss Elara Hardice-Avery, the daughter of Minister of Magic Seraphina Avery, who spoke up on behalf of Mr Sallow. She, alongside with fellow student Ominis Gaunt, was able to prove that Solomon Sallow threatened the students by using the Unforgivables and Mr Sallow did, in a heroic act, shield his friends from harm.

Sebastian Sallow was freed from Azkaban prison on probation. Even though he is already of age, his trace was not lifted. The ministry is to control all of Mr Sallow's spells until further notice, making sure he does not pose a threat to himself or others.

 The ministry is to control all of Mr Sallow's spells until further notice, making sure he does not pose a threat to himself or others

Garreth puts the paper down. He sits in the same carriage as me and looks at me as if I had just killed someone right in front of him. 'I get why you couldn't tell me,' he finally says and folds the Daily Prophet in his hands. 'That's ... intense.'

'Yeah ...,' I reply, feeling highly uncomfortable with the situation. I don't want to talk about Sebastian. After my mother told me I cast some kind of love spell on the mystery to set him free, I'm not keen on getting into it further. Even though I was able to help him, I'm a little bit ashamed that my feelings were that fucking obvious. I'm honestly glad Mum told me not to engage in them further. If Sebastian notices and doesn't reciprocate them, and that would make the news, too, I'd just die on the spot.

'How did you defend him, though?' Garreth asks. 'I mean ... he did kill someone. With the killing curse. Doesn't it need intent to do that? I remember you have to mean it for it to work.'

'Garreth ...,' I say and sigh. 'Do you really think it's fun talking about it?'

He has the decency to look a little ashamed. 'Okay, I get it. But tell me one thing ...'

I raise an eyebrow. 'What?'

'Does he at least kiss as good as he kills?'

I throw an empty chocolate frog package at him. 'Honestly, Garreth. Don't make me your enemy.'

He laughs, crumbling the package to one tiny ball in his hand. 'Not planning on it. Honestly, I was rather thinking of engaging you in a lot of mischief this year. Now that all of us know you saved Hogwarts, you'll likely get away with a lot.'

'I already told you I won't steal potion ingredients for you.'

Garreth grins wide. 'Oh, this is about so much more than potions. I'll include you in everything. A Gryffindor and a Slytherin working together? No one could beat us.'