𝟭𝟰. 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗻𝘁.

Perspective of Daemon Targaryen. 

The intercontinental journey must be approached with the seriousness it deserves. The ship carrying our servants, guards, and belongings will cross the vast Narrow Sea in three days, despite being one of the fastest vessels in the Velaryon fleet.

In contrast, our dragons will arrive considerably faster, though they still require several hours of flight. I am amazed at Aelyssa's endurance during the exhausting aerial journey, despite the fascination that flying on a dragon can bring, especially for someone unaccustomed.

From my perch atop Caraxes, I observe the imposing back of Vhagar and the silhouette of my wife and daughter, standing out against the sky. A smile of pride forms on my lips as I watch Aelyssa, clearly bearing the blood of House Targaryen. The ability to ride dragons runs through our veins; my concerns seem unwarranted.

Equally astounding is Laena's ease in accepting this considerable distance to travel, despite having claimed Vhagar only a few moons ago. Their bond seems innate, a testament to her remarkable skill. Nevertheless, I have assured her that any complications during the flight must be immediately communicated to find a safe landing spot.

A slight wave of nostalgia washes over me as I recall my own bond with Caraxes when I was young. Our connection was instant. After feeding on the fruits we carried in our saddlebags for the long journey, we spotted land in the distance after much time over the ocean. It was undoubtedly Essos, the continent where once stood the magnificent Valyria, the birthplace of dragons.

Though my initial destination is Pentos, I have decided to make a stop in Braavos, the greatest of the Free Cities, where I have acquaintances and where we can lodge while our goods arrive in Pentos by ship. There is no rush; we can explore these unfamiliar cities at our own pace.

I have always wished to see the colossal statue of the Titan of Braavos, which reportedly roars as ships enter the harbor as a warning to sailors from around the world. It is one of the wonders of the known world, and Aelyssa and Laena will have the opportunity to admire it as well. It is crucial for my daughter to distract herself and leave her past behind.

As we approach the mass of land emerging from the sea, my gaze meets Laena's. I can see she understands my message as she returns my look and nods determinedly, a faint but confident smile on her face.

I chuckle at her ever-positive attitude and watch her maneuver Vhagar towards the direction of Braavos, setting the course for our next stop. I soon follow her lead, adjusting the levers on my saddle to guide Caraxes in the same direction. Her slight build and agility allow us to make the turn effortlessly, outpacing Vhagar in both speed and dexterity.

In terms of sheer brute force, my wife's dragoness may hold an advantage, but in speed and maneuverability, Caraxes demonstrates his superiority.

Playfully, I ordered Caraxes to hover over Vhagar's back and from my height, I glanced to my right side, where I spotted my wife and daughter below me. Aelyssa lifted her face to meet my gaze for a moment, but then she looked away and began chatting animatedly with my wife, completely ignoring me. I sighed at her behavior. It seemed she had been upset with me for days, all because of those damned Hightowers and their friendship with them.

I never imagined she would get so close to them so quickly after arriving at the castle. I hated that they had become friends with my daughter, but that mistake would not happen again. They wouldn't see them again or have any contact with them. No matter how long her anger toward me lasts, she will eventually forget about them over time. As for the ex-whore who raised my daughter, she may take longer to recover, but time heals everything.