CHAPTER 12

As the temperature decreased and the days became shorter the group would find themselves spending more and more time inside the house. Christmas was also on the horizon however no one was in the holiday spirit.

DrRetro would burst into the house with Lampert, both of them holding trash bags filled with various coats and assortments of sweets they could get from Ross.

"Mew mew meeow mrow..." (this should last us a few more days or so...)

"Was there any coffee?" Bive asked while in Split's lap.

"Mew, meow mrow" (no, no coffee)

She would groan before continuing to resting her head on Split's shoulder.

"What ever happened to that grey monster thing? You think he's still alive?"

"Spud? I mean we could try and look for the guy. It has been a while since we went in the elevator"

"Screw it, better than huddling together for warmth all day"

Mark would get up and stretch and so would Walter.

"Your coming with us too bug boy"

Pest would let out a low growl before reluctantly getting up and preparing for the journey, leaving Poob to cuddle with the nearest pillow.

"We'll be back in a jiffy!"

And with that the elevator doors would close and the manhunt would begin.

Despite the current predicament the world was in, the elevator would still play its usual tune and the lights would occasionally flicker in and out. It even had its heater on instead of the air conditioning.

"So why exactly are we after this walking science experiment?"

"Well the more the merrier"

"He's missing both of his legs. He can't even hold a weapon"

"he can be there for emotional support, yeah..."

Pest would scoff.

"My mood only drops when I see that thing struggling to exist"

The elevator doors would finally open and the trio would step out into the dark forest. There was already a thin layer of snow on the ground with more falling from the sky. Surprisingly, no zombies in sight.

After following a trail and passing by some abandoned cabins and outhouses the group would spot a small flicker of light deep in the tree line.

Expecting a campfire the group would approach but it turned out to be something completely different. It was a crashed UFO, still emitting some of its otherworldly power. It was also surrounded by half decomposed or fully decomposed bodies.

And sitting on top of the wreckage was the prick himself, gnarpy!

"Out of all the people to survive, of course xe does..." Mark said as he pinched the bridge of his nose

Xe paid no attention to the group as xe licked himself clean. Only as the group got closer would xe look up and hiss at them.

Gnarpy seemed a lot more feral and disheveled since the apocalypse. Xis amour was gone, exposing xis overgrown and musty fur. One of xis four eyes also had a large gash across it and xe stood on all fours.

Walter would step closer to the wreckage and clear his voice.

"Hello sir uhm... Would you like to join our entourage?"

Gnarpy would continue to hiss and the three while having all of his hairs on end.

"Can you even speak?"