prologue

The office had its regular Monday morning bustle to it. Various staff members could be seen running off to their respective morning meetings. Jin Ae was no exception, she too had been heading straight to the floor of her department with 10 coffee's, all in little holders of their own. 

"Good morning everyone!" greeted the twenty-one year old, as she quickly set her back down on her desk and got to handing out the coffee's to her colleges. "Jin Ae...I thought you'd never arrive with my coffee," whined one of her colleges. "Be glad you didn't arrive a minute later, we're getting a new intern today and it's your turn to train the newbie," scoffed the brunette male that sat opposite her. 

"That's exactly why I came rushing into the office this morning Minseong-hyung," replied the girl as she handed the male his morning coffee. Just then the general manager walked in, a tall male following tentatively not too far behind her. "Good morning everyone, please welcome our newest intern, Jeno!  He comes to us from a prestigious university abroad, and we're thrilled to have him on board." 

As the intern stepped forward Jin Ae's eyes widened in disbelief . There, standing before her, was the embodiment of her wildest dreams. Tall, dark-haired,  utterly handsome with a very boyish charm, a gorgeous eye-smile, and an athletic build; Jeno radiated confidence and kindness. His eye-smile seemed to light up the entire floor, and his warm gaze seemed to see right through Jin Ae's soul. 

Her heart skipped about ten beat as their eyes met, and Jin Ae felt the universe align in ways she never thought possible. Could this be...? No, it couldn't be. And yet, as Jeno's eyes crinkled at the corners, and his smile grew wider, Jin Ae's doubts melted away, and were very quickly replaced by a sense of wonder and awe.

Maybe, just maybe, her wish had been granted after all.