Part 1, Chapter 1- Confidence

3 years BBY

When presented as Queen, several things need to be perfected. Your hair must be exquisite and pristine, to create the phantom impression that you are put together and dependable. Your clothes must be glamorous and large to symbolise your pride as a ruler and to make you stand out in a crowd. The make-up must be big and bold to mask your insecurities, as the job of a monarch is to be a staple of order and perfection. Standing tall and elegant is best to create an image of power and control. Without this, a Queen could never survive. But the most important element of all is confidence. With confidence, you can mask anything; even the fact that you are only 15 and unsure of who you truly are.

Queen Airin was only 14 when she was chosen as the ruler of her home planet- Naboo. Though many Queens were elected younger, Queen Airin was on the smaller side. Many believed her to be around 12 years old when she was introduced as a candidate, and many thought she would be too delicate, immature, and quiet. This created an opinion that she would never be a reliable monarch. But even with the entire world against her, she stood strong with her exquisite hair, wore her best traditional Naboo clothes and had the most elegant posture.

The Petiet, young girl radiated confidence, which ultimately led people to believe in her. One by one people chose her to be the future leader of Naboo. Naboo chose her as their Queen, she had the people's hope and pride.

When she was crowned the entirety of Theed came to rejoice, and people gathered with bliss to have a glimpse of the future of Naboo. The enormous, oval hall was decorated with Naboo flowers and glistening gold assets. It was enchanting, the perfect representation of Naboo,  a beautifully alive and magical planet with nature at every corner. Nothing could ruin their mystical blue waters and pulchritudinous green earth; neither Fire, Ice or Wind could destroy the harmonious glory of Naboo.

Queen Airin took a deep breath as she sashayed down the aisle slowly with impeccable balance, never losing her confidence. The aisle was made up of several important individuals, some government members, others senate representatives, and others of the trade federation. They all came to watch their Queen.

Queen Airin was extraordinary.

She was the light of Naboo.

***********************************************************************************************

Ania Maverick was lonely. She hated being lonely. She was brought up in a loud house, one with three older brothers who rarely agreed with each other. She had lived a life full of laughter and happiness. But her new life now looked like her worst nightmare- being alone. The walls caved in slowly as she curled on the colossal-sized bed she now owns. The walls were large and gaping, she hadn't realised the palace was so large, she thought the holo-photos didn't give them justice. Ania thought back to her small room back in the countryside and her family farm everyone worked on. Her room at home was 1/10th of her new apartment and a lot messier. She was stunned such luxury existed in the galaxy, and though she came from a good upbringing, she was bewildered by the glossy marble and the golden trim that adored the furniture and floor. But with all of the gold and marble in the world, she still couldn't shake off the longing for home and family.

She regretted leaving them because now her big happy family was no more. She was now a queen and her older brother- Rhugo had run away with the rebellion. No one truly knew where he was, which worried Ania's mother night and day. Though her other brothers Aran and Koda still live at home, they learned how to work with the 4 siblings together, not just 2. They were a team, and with Rhugo and Ania away, Ania could only hope her brothers could keep the farm going. She snapped from her thoughts and turned to look through the window,  and she was bewitched by the magnificent sea.

When she realised the life of a Queen would be lonely, she started to rethink her decision. Ania didn't want to be a lonely puppet, paraded around by her advisors and government as a face with no voice, she would rather face Vader herself and perish a cruel and gruesome death. But by then she was too deep in. The world had voted for her. The world was now at her fingertips, yet all she felt was loneliness. But she could not back down now. All her life she was determined to become a politician, she always thought it was a significant job, as it created balance and order. But most importantly, she could give others a voice, a voice that has been lost for many many years.

Ania never thought about the Empire. Not when she was a child anyway. She lived all her life in between the grips of the Empire, it had never truly dawned on her what effect the Empire has on Naboo until she saw how many Stormtroopers were roaming the coronation. A staggering amount of white plastic men roaming around the halls were present, all holding black bulky blasters. Another grim presence was the holocom of the Emperor. The former Chancellor Palpatine was one of the people of Naboo, meaning the Empire had an extremely harsh grasp on Naboo, to the extent that no one could say anything against it, not even a whisper without being tortured. Knowing this killed Ania, it broke her heart knowing her people had no voice against the Empire.

But at the end of the day the Queen must support the Empire. Naboo would never benefit if the Queen stated her opinion on the Empire, it would only create terror and mass destruction. Even though many believe Naboo could never be destroyed, in reality, the Empire could. This meant Queen Airin must keep peace between Naboo and the Empire.

However Queen Airin and Ania Maverick are not the same.