Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic and Knuckles made it to the Core, where they noticed a raised area that resembled the Master Emerald's shrine atop Angel Island.

"What's that? It looks just like the shrine of the Master Emerald!" Knuckles said.

"They probably designed the core like the shrine to harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds." Sonic said and they started running to the platform, but Gerald's message played again.

"All of you ungrateful humans, who took everything away from me, will feel my loss and despair!" he said and dozens of Gerald's images flew through the room. "All of you ungrateful humans, who took everything away from me, will feel my loss and despair!"

"Knuckles, here it comes!" Sonic said and a light flashed and the Biolizard teleported into the center of the room; letting off a menacing screech.

Then it dropped down in the center of the chamber.

"Could this be the prototype of the Ultimate Life Form that was supposed to be encapsulated?" Knuckles asked when Shadow walked out past them.

"Leave this one to me." he said.

"Shadow, what're you doing?!" Sonic asked as he walked up below the Biolizard, facing his prototype intently, then turned back to her.

"I'll take care of this, while you run to get the Chaos Emeralds!"

Sonic and Knuckles reached the platform, and saw a hole in the center for the Master Emerald to be inserted. Knuckles took out the Master Emerald, and put it in.

"The servers are, the seven Chaos. Chaos is power; power is enriched by the heart. The controller is the one that unifies the Chaos. Only you can do this; stop the Chaos Emeralds!" he said and it spun rapidly and emitted a green aura.

Several mixed energies dashed around, and the Biolizard screeched. After shrieking again, it used Chaos Control to warp away.

"Is it gone?"

Then Shadow jumped onto the shrine platform.

"Is that what... Chaos Control is?" he asked.

Then the vibrations throughout the Colony intensify.

"Since we stopped the Chaos Emeralds, why is the Space Colony still on a crash course to earth?!" Knuckles asked.

"The Prototype is still alive! He's controlling the Space Colony as it is falling to earth! He has become one with the Space Colony, and is determined to keep it on its collision course!" Eggman said on speakers.

Then Sonic looked to Shadow.

"Sonic!" Knuckles said and she looked at him, then back at Shadow; who also looked at her.

Then Sonic and Shadow raised their hands in the air and the seven Chaos Emeralds encircled them. They closed their eyes and focused, making the Emeralds spin rapidly around them. Opening their eyes, they absorbed the powers; transforming into their Super forms.

The ARK was plunging down to earth, wrapped in fire. Super Sonic and Super Shadow sped to it, enveloped in a golden light.

"No way that's getting through!" Super Sonic said.

"Shadow... I beg of you..." Maria said.

"(Maria!)" Super Shadow said.

"Give them a chance... to be happy!"

"Now, Shadow!" Super Sonic and they opposed each other and flew faster to the ARK.

"Chaos Control!" they said and rammed into the ARK, engulfing it in the light.

Having worn out his Super form, Shadow was falling down to the earth, with an purple-ish light under him.

"Maria... this is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you..." he said and fell into the purple glow, blinking out.

The ARK reappeared farther away; motionless.

Sonic came in through the door.

"Where is Shadow?" Rouge asked and Sonic looked down then handed her one of Shadow's bracelets. "Do you really think... that the professor created him, Shadow, to carry out the revenge on all those who live here, on earth?"

"He was what he was. A brave and heroic hedgehog, who gave his life to save this planet. Shadow the Hedgehog..."

"I guess you're right..."

"As a child, I looked up to my grandfather because of all the great things he accomplished in his life. He was my hero, and I wanted to be a great scientist like him. But... did he really mean to destroy us?" Eggman said.

"I don't know. But what I do know is; we all did it together!" Tails said.

"You're right."

"So what's next for you, Rouge? Off again to find those jewels you love so much?" Knuckles asked.

"Nah, I think I'm gonna give up this line of work. Too much work, for too little pay. Anyway... I've got something better than jewels that I'm thinking about right now... ...It'll all work out, you'll see." Rouge said.

"If you say so."

"Created... the Ultimate Life Form." Sonic said.

"What's the matter, Sonic?" Amy asked.

"Oh, it's nothing. Come on! Let's go home! To the planet as cool and blue as me!" Sonic said and everyone left the room, but she stopped at the door, and turned back to the windows along the wall. "Sayonara, Shadow, the Hedgehog." she said and left as well.