Chapter 8

It had been a few days since Team Sonic and Amy split up and Sonic was running and thinking about when they last saw each other.

Amy was trying to pick some roses, but failed due to being stuck in Cyber Space, much to her despair when Sonic walked up to her.

"Hey. Still thinking about the Koco?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah. And... more. I'm not sure what happened, but I know what I saw: a love that transcended time. I believe in that power. When this is over, I want to share that love with the world. Even though... it may take us far apart." Amy said.

"I know you'll do great. I want to hear all about it when you come back."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Ages ago my people were wiped out by a cataclysm. I know the Koco faced something similar. It reminds me I'm the last Echidna. That I'm alone." Knuckles said.

"You may be the last but you're not alone. You've got us, Knucklehead." Sonic said.

"I'll admit. I do envy your lifestyle. Freedom to go where you want, when you want."

"So do it! Get out there and live a little."

"Maybe I could... but first, I need to be back to normal. So hurry up, and get me back to normal!"

"Anything to get you away from me!" she said and they stared competitively at each other again.

Soon the seriousness turns into laughter and they share a fist bump.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, little bro. Feeling better?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah. This whole experience gave me a kind of clarity. When this is all over... I think I need to go it alone for a while. You can't grow into my full potential if I always fall back on you. If that's okay!" Tails said and she chuckled.

"You're free to go your own way. I guess you just grew up on me a little faster than I expected."

"Are you saying I outpaced you?" He asked sheepishly.

"Yeah don't push it." she said and he giggled. "It's gonna take some getting used to, but here's to you reaching new heights—partner." she said, offered a handshake and he accepted it, but to no effect as their hands appear through each other.

They noticed that, and started chuckling.

________________________________________________________________________________

At Starfall Island Amy, Knuckles and Tails were gathered around Sonic's Tornado. Sonic comes in, with Amy waving back.]

"So... that was fun." Sonic said her comment worried everybody, with Tails waving both his hands in disagreement, Knuckles sighing in disapproval, and Amy squinting her eyes with a big frown. "But I guess it's time we got moving. I know you all have big plans."

"You're gonna hardly recognize me when we see each other again!" Tails said.

"I wonder if Cream and Sticks are free? Make a road trip out of it!" Amy said.

"It'll be good to get back to my island. At least... for a while." Knuckles said and Sonic hopped on the plane.

"We're wasting daylight. Let's go!" Sonic said and with all four heroes aboard, the Tornado boot up and took off.

It performed a somersault and Sonic and Knuckles were on opposite wings looking at each other, and Amy having the time of her life in the passenger seat as the biplane flew into the sunset.

Then she sighed.

Suddenly she felt her Chaos go off and started feeling dizzy.

She stopped running, winced, held her chest and fell to her knees.

Then she opened her eyes and looked around to see if anyone was there.

She didn't see anyone and didn't know if that was good or bad.

'I'm sorry guys.' she thought.

While she fought it she got more dizzy and passed out.

Before she did she saw something black and something white.