Chapter 2

I get home, and surprisingly my mom is in a good mood, she didn't yell yet atleast. "Hey mom" I say, she doesn't reply back, "that's weird" I say in my head. I look around and no ones home expect for my little sister Isabel, "HEY SISSY!" she says, "hey Izzy." I say back "do you know where mom is?" I ask. "oh yeah she went out to get some vodka" she says. My mom has always had an alcholol problem, she stopped for a while but I guess she started again recently. "she just left you here alone?" I say concerned, "yup mommy said, your a pain and I don't care if you get kidnapped anymore" she says with a sad tone in her voice. "oh.." I say very concerned. I didn't mention but my parents are very abusive, when we around people or the news she puts on a act and acts like were the 'perfect family' when we're not, we're the opposite. Kinda like the Melanie Martinez song "Dollhouse" I love that song by the way. But she's negectful and physically abusive, like when my older sister Eden came out as bisexual she threw a chair at her. She was in the hosiptal for a while and she finally just started going back to school, shes in senior year of highschool, but a catholic one so she can be taught not to be gay anymore, which you can't do by the way. Anyways the door just opened, she's already drunk somehow. "dang to bad your sister came home, I kinda wish you were kidnapped!" she said laughing, I faked laughed so I wouldn't get my phone taken, my sister almost cried. I went to my room and so did my sister. But my mom said "Now guys we have an interview after this so I need ya'll to pretend like I'm a good mom and we're the perfect family okay?" we say "okay.." I always think about how I could just expose her and be taken to our grandparents house, they are so sweet and supportive, that's why we only see them once a year during the holidays which is very soon, yippie! I've been thinking about just doing but I don't wanna get in trouble, but wait, I wouldn't be in trouble because my mom would taken to jail and we would be with our grandparents. Now if you're wondering about my dad, he is always cheating on my mom and the only time we see him is when we have to do interviews or be on the news. My dad is okay, just as bad as my mom but just a little less abusive. Anyways I have to get ready for the interview. As i'm getting ready I hear my mom scream "YOUR DAD IS HERE!!!" " ugh, i'm so excited" i say in a sarcastic tone quietly so only I could hear it. It's time for the interview and i'm not excited. The interviewers treat us like props, just like our parents, I'm used to it so I just follow along. As they start the interview, I realize Alex is watching this from home on the news, I freak out and try to make sure I look good. Then they ask me a question "so Rose, is there prince you have in mind?" I jump a little with surprise. "I'm sorry WHAT?" I say in my head. "Rose?" they say, I quickly zone back in. "oh, um, not really, I mean maybe this guy in my science class" I say without thinking. My mom shoots me the dirtest look ever and says "haha, I'm glad my daugter found someone!" she says as I know i'm gonna get puinshed when I get home. shit, why did I say that. We get home  and me and my mom have a conversion. "so, you like someone in your class?!" she says mad. "no i don't i just said that so the interviewers didn't get mad" i said when it wasn't the truth. "Oh really? you expect me to believe that you don't have a crush on someone! You do!" she said really angry. "Mom i promise, i don't! why can't you believe me!" I say "because I don't okay!!" she screamed "WELL MAYBE I WOULDN'T HAVE TO HIDE SHIT IF WERE ACCEPTING!!!" I scream, I regret it for a minute but then realized she deserved that. "ROSE LAUREL GULIBERT! GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!!" she screamed violently the whole city probly heard her. After a couple minutes she says I'm grounded for 2 weeks, so my phone is taken and my laptop, its really not a big deal I guess.