Chapter 9: Kuwat's Lament Part 3

Leo contacted Kuwat's parents. He said to them that there son has gone missing.

Leo: I'm afraid I'll have to dismiss class today. One of our students has gone missing. I'll be handling with this case alongside the police and PEF. I'm afraid he was captured by a demon. Mezra, you're in charge now. Don't let anyone leave the class, OK ?

Mezra: Sir, wait !

Leo: What is it ?

Mezra: Can I go as well ? Kuwat's my best friend. I might be helpful.

Leo: Do not interviene in this investigation. It will be dangerous for you to follow me. What'll happen if you disappeared too ? I don't want anyone else getting kidnapped. You are to stay here to make sure everyone else doesn't get captured. Is that understood?

Mezra: I understand sir, but I'm the only one who understands Kuwat. I'm the only friend he ever has. So I thought that I can help you.

Leo: I can't lose another student. You have to stay here.

Leo then walked away, leaving Mezra behind.

Leo had flashbacks to the time where he didn't manage to save one of his friends

Back to the alley, Pazzo was talking to Kuwat.

Pazzo: So you want to learn a soul technique, eh ? I'm glad to help you. First of all, what do you specifically like ?

Kuwat: What do you mean ?

Pazzo: Soul techniques are connected to your heart's desires. Soul technique are manifested when you specifically choose a trait you have.

Kuwat: Well yeah Mr Leo explained it during class. I just don't know what trait I want to use as my soul technique. I just can't think of something specific.

Pazzo: I know ! How about you choose your hobby ! What do you like to do ?

Kuwat: Well I like to read comics.

Pazzo: Then your soul technique is comic character manipulation. You can summon a comic character to help you fight bullies

Kuwat: That's so cool. By the way Pazzo, what are you exactly ?

Pazzo: I'm a demon.

Kuwat: A d-d-demon ??

Pazzo: Yes. A demon.

Kuwat: But you certainly don't really look like one. From what I know, demons can't use soul energy. I thoughr Panroreans can only use it.

Pazzo: I was once a normal dalmatian. I was busy strolling through the streets until I met her. Lady Dea. She gave me everything I ever wanted in life. In exchange, she turned me into a demon. Now I feel stronger than before. My body's strength enhanced and I can regenerate my limbs. I can also shapeshift into any form I like. Lady Dea gave me the Calamity of Chaos, in which I can manipulate the chaotic forces of this world.

Kuwat: What do you mean exactly ?

Pazzo: What I mean is that I can do anything.

Kuwat: Woah so you can basically do anything ?

Pazzo: Yes, anything my dear. I can fly, teleport, change my size, etc.

Kuwat: Woah I wish I can have that power.

Pazzo: I'm not really free though. I have to follow Ombra's orders. I'm actually here to capture someone.

Kuwat: Someone, who is it ?

Pazzo: Oh just some two tailed tiger cub

Kuwat: Two tailed tiger ?

Kuwat flashbacked to the time he saw Kiseki and Daniel.