Her Misunderstandings

Diwali was just at the doorstep, and the festive buzz filled the air. The girls were working hard, as they had to deliver many orders today. The shop, 'RL Kapoor and Daughters,' was a hive of activity. Ishika was busy instructing the men.

"Arey bhai, jaldi karo, jaldi karo! Vo Jor Bagh ka order hai ek aur, fir Rathore sahab ke ghewar ka bhi toh order hai," she called out, her voice ringing with urgency.

Just then, Pallavi came running into the shop. She maneuvered through the bustling crowd, trying to reach Ishika. She finally grabbed Ishika's arm and tried to pull her aside.

"Ishi, mujhe tujhse kuch zaroori baat karni hai," Pallavi said, her voice laced with urgency.

Ishika jerked her hand lightly and said, "Pallavi, abhi nahi. Dekh na kitna kaam hai."

"But Ishika, meri baat toh sun. It's important!" Pallavi insisted, her eyes wide with concern.

Ishika, however, was too engrossed in the task at hand. She continued packing boxes of sweets and instructing the workers. "Bhai, woh mithaiyan jaldi pack karo! Aur usay gaadi mein rakhwao," she yelled over the noise, ignoring Pallavi's plea.

Pallavi looked increasingly worried, her gaze darting around the shop. She kept trying to get Ishika's attention, but Ishika was relentless, her focus solely on the orders that needed to go out.

"Bhaiya, yeh order bhi check kar lo, kahin kuch chhute na," Ishika continued, her voice a mix of command and encouragement.

Pallavi tried one last time, "Ishi, please, ek minute ke liye meri baat sun le."

But Ishika, overwhelmed with the Diwali rush and the mounting pressure of delivering everything on time, was not ready to listen. She brushed off Pallavi's concern, her mind occupied with the endless tasks that demanded her attention.

"Ishi, sun toh sahi!"

"Haan bhaiya, vo Malhotra ji ke ghar nahi, Sharma ji ka hai. Kya aap bhi," Ishika said to the delivery boy, her tone a mixture of exasperation and focus.

"Ishi, mujhe bahot zaroori baat karni hai, vo..."

"Abhi nahi, Pallavi. Dekh na kitna kaam pada hai, aur tu kabse beech beech mein..." Ishika replied, her attention still divided among the orders.

Pallavi, realizing the urgency of the situation, held her hand firmly and pulled her aside. "Pallavi, kya bachapana hai ye," Ishika complained, irritated by the interruption.

"Tu meri baat sun hi nahi rahi thi toh yahi karna pada. Ab dhyan se sun jo main kehne wali hun," Pallavi insisted, her voice steady but urgent.

Ishika held her head, feeling the stress of the day mounting. "Bol bhai, kya baat hai," she replied, trying to calm herself.

"Yaar, gadbad ho gai hai. Main tujhe dhundhne ghar gai thi, wahan ye letter mila," Pallavi said, showing an envelope to her. She took out the letter from it and handed it to Ishika.

Ishika, curious and slightly annoyed, took out the letter and began to read. As her eyes scanned the lines, her expression changed from irritation to shock. She could barely believe what she was reading.

"Pallavi, ye... ye letter mein likha hai ki..." Ishika's voice trailed off, her mind racing with the implications of the words in front of her.

"I know, Ishi. Isliye toh main itni pareshan thi. Humein kuch karna padega, aur jaldi," Pallavi said, her worry now mirrored in Ishika's eyes.

The urgency of the orders seemed to melt away, replaced by the pressing matter at hand. Whatever was written in that letter, it was clear that it had the potential to change everything.