5. Practice.

5. Practice.

One month later, the anticipation for the ODI World Cup was palpable. India's first match against Australia on October 8th was fast approaching, and the team was deep in strategy discussions at the team meeting.

Rohit Sharma, the captain, stood at the front of the room, alongside Virat Kohli. The rest of the team members were gathered around, their expressions a mix of focus and determination.

"Alright, guys," Rohit began, glancing at the assembled players. "We all know the stakes. Our first match is against Australia, and we need to be at the top of our game."

Virat stepped forward, adding, "We've got a solid plan, but we need to execute it perfectly. Shubman's been diagnosed with dengue, so Ishan will be stepping in as the opener."

Ishan nodded, looking determined. "I'm ready, Bhai. I'll give it my all."

Rohit smiled encouragingly. "We know you will, Ishan. Just play your natural game. Shreyas, you'll be at number four. We need you to anchor the innings if things get tricky."

Shreyas nodded confidently. "Got it, Bhaiya. I'm ready for whatever comes our way."

Jasprit, the spearhead of India's bowling attack, chimed in, "We'll need to be sharp with our field placements and make sure we capitalize on any early wickets."

Hardik, the dynamic all-rounder, leaned forward. "And we need to be aggressive in the middle overs. Put pressure on their batsmen and make them take risks."

KL Rahul, added, "Communication is key, guys. Let's make sure we're all on the same page and support each other out there."

Rohit nodded, appreciating the input. "Exactly. And remember, this is a team effort. Everyone has a role to play, and every contribution counts."

Virat looked at Shreyas, a hint of pride in his eyes. "Shreyas, you've been in great form lately. Just keep doing what you're doing. And if you need anything, you know we're here."

Shreyas smiled, feeling the support of his teammates. "Thanks, Virat Bhai. I'll give it my best."

Rohit clapped his hands, signaling the end of the meeting. "Alright, guys. Let's get out there and show Australia what we're made of. Practice hard, and remember why we're here."

As the team dispersed to head to the nets, Shreyas lingered for a moment, feeling a surge of excitement and responsibility. He knew the coming days would be challenging, but he was ready to rise to the occasion.

Ishan walked up to him, clapping him on the back. "Ready to smash some runs, Shrey?"

Shreyas grinned. "You bet. Let's do this."

The team headed out, their spirits high and their focus razor-sharp. The road to the World Cup was never easy, but with their skills, determination, and camaraderie, they knew they had what it took to make their country proud.