7. Surprise.

7. Surprise.

"As the team would be in action on 12th November.
Diwali celebrations would be carried out tomorrow on 11th, as informed prior.

Happy Diwali, have a great year!

—management team."

Shreyas smiled as he read the message. The thought of celebrating with the team always lifted his spirits. Even though his family wasn’t physically with him this Diwali, his team had always been his second family. The bond they shared, the laughter, the endless teasing—it all made the distance from home a little more bearable.

As he sat back, phone in hand, Shreyas thought about the previous Diwali celebrations with the team. The loud banter, the bright smiles, the way they all came together, like a close-knit family.

He could already picture it—Rohit cracking jokes, Virat leading the charge in some silly game, and Hardik trying to outdo everyone in a firecracker war.

Though he missed his parents and sister, there was comfort in knowing that he wasn’t alone. The team was his family, and their presence was just as warm and reassuring as being at home.

The doorbell rang, pulling Shreyas out of his thoughts. He got up, slightly puzzled, and went to open the door. Standing there was Trisha, holding a small box with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Room service," she announced, stepping inside without waiting for an invitation.

"Room service? But I didn’t order anything," Shreyas said, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"This room service is for special people only," Trisha replied, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Oh, so I’m special now?" Shreyas asked, a playful smile tugging at his lips as he closed the door behind her.

"Maybe a little," she teased, placing the box on the table.

Shreyas looked at the box curiously. "What’s in there?"

Trisha opened the box to reveal a dozen neatly arranged cupcakes. "Cupcakes. Thought you could use a little sugar rush."

Shreyas raised an eyebrow. "You made these?"

Trisha laughed, shaking her head. "Oh, no. I’m not trying to poison you before the match. I got them from that bakery everyone’s been raving about."

Shreyas chuckled, feeling a wave of relief mixed with amusement. "Good call. I was about to be very impressed… and slightly terrified."

Trisha nudged him lightly. "Hey, I might not be a great cook, but I do know how to find the best treats in town."

Shreyas picked up one of the cupcakes, inspecting it with a grin. "Well, I guess that makes you special too. You didn’t have to do this, you know."

"I wanted to," Trisha said, her tone softening. "I know it’s not easy being away from your family during Diwali. I figured this might help make it feel a little more like home."