CHAPTER 02: speech

ATLAS

I arrived late to the event at Dreamers Horizon University, where my dad is one of the new investors. As I stepped out of the car, every eye turned to me. Over the din of the crowd, I could hear my father's voice echoing through the speakers, spouting insincere praise. It was all so fake.

As I made my way through the crowd, a few students caught my attention—especially the girls. They whispered and giggled as I passed by. I brushed off their stares and continued into the auditorium, where the students had gathered.

my father is invited, I wasn't but he wants me to come, kaya napilitan akong pumunta. I was hitting links when I received a call from his assistant. my legs hurt so much that I can't properly walk, after Ethan hit me with a club and it hurt like hell. We will be playing polo later with some other friends so I really have to rest my legs. 

and now I have to deal with a damn guest lecture and his stupid board meetings. 

I was welcomed warmly by a bunch faculty members as they saw me and knew that my father is the one who invest a million dollar. Hindi niya pinag isipan yon, obviously he was drunk when he decide to call the damn founder and invest it. but, nonetheless I like it, I like to see him suffer. 

my knees are already shaking, my muscles are flicking, stupid Ethan. when I walk towards my seat, in front of the stage, at the right corner, I saw a very beautiful woman sitting there comfortably, crossing both her legs and arms while looking at the stage listening, she have a very smiley face. 

I look around only to found out that all of the seats are already been taken and some students were forced to sit on the carpet at force themselves to watch my father deliver his speech, I know how it feels, to be forced to listen to his voice. 

I didn't move nor make any noise as my father's voice echos around the area. I stand up straight and cross my arms, I am now standing beside the beautiful woman and I watch the old man spit his lies. 

my legs are dying, but I cant just tell this beauty to stand up while I sit, even if I own that damn seat. as I look down at her, her hair is black, but as the light hits it it turns brown and it if tied up a bit messy. she is so focused on the old man's lies. 

I glanced at the back of the chair where it read: Atlas C. Cabral (Special Guest). A hint of frustration crossed my face. I knew I was important, but did they really need to go this far to reserve a seat for me while other students could have used a more comfortable chair?

I moved closer to the chair she was occupying. With a subtle motion, I used my left hand to remove the paper with my name from the back of the chair, crumpling it before slipping it into my pocket. As I did so, the woman looked up at me, her expression startled. "Oh, I'm so sorry," she began, "Is this your seat? The front row is reserved for VIPs, and I thought you might not make it, so I took your seat—"

"well, I don't see my name in it." I coldly reply, I refuse to look at her and just continue to listen to the old man. 

she didn't say anything, but I can feel her guilty stares looking up and down at me. "hindi ka ba nangangalay?" biglang tanong niya. I shake my head as I stand up straigh and put my hands on my back. 

I wanted to reach out, to touch her shoulder, pat her head, and reassure her that I was perfectly fine. She seemed genuinely distressed, and I felt a pang of sympathy. But I hesitated—who does that in this situation? I couldn't bear to see her uncomfortable, not while I was around.

I took a few steps back, maintaining a respectful distance of about five inches. I didn't want to make her uneasy with my presence too close.

"weh? nangangalay ka na eh!" I cant help but to glance at her, I show her a cold gaze so that she can stop talking and just sit back and don't feel guilty.