Chapter 18: Ivoria

Narrator POV:

The Empire of Ivoria boasts a civilization of absolute progress and power, having risen from the ashes of the Great War through sheer intelligence and determination. They established themselves as a force equal to the heavens. Its citizens harness the power of aether, a refined form of mana manipulation, which fuels their unparalleled advancements.

Ivoria was founded by the legendary hero, Ivoria Exclessia Vangar, whose noble vision was to combat the forces of chaos and unify the disparate realms of the Overworld. Under his leadership, the empire flourished as a bastion of strength and unity. However, after the hero's time, Ivoria fell into deep corruption and self-interest. 

The once-harmonious Family leaders, who had stood united against external threats, now engaged in fierce power struggles. 

This internecine conflict led to frequent and devastating civil wars, which ravaged the empire and shattered its former glory. Externally, Ivoria projects an image of an unbreakable kingdom, with its formidable walls and grand architecture, but internally, it is as delicate and fragmented as a fragile glass poised to shatter.

Once, the House of Vangar wielded absolute control over the empire, their rule extending over all the kingdoms within Ivoria. However, this house, which had once embodied nobility and strength, devolved into a hub of corruption and tyranny. Their reign became synonymous with cruelty and hidden atrocities, as they pursued power at any cost.

 In response, Four rival houses rose in defiance, uniting to overthrow the tyrannical Vangar regime. These houses, each representing different virtues and strengths, fought valiantly against the corrupt rulers and ultimately succeeded in toppling them. 

Under a new, shared banner, they reformed the empire and worked towards rebuilding Ivoria with the values of honor, intelligence, power, and prestige that had once been lost.

House Valerianus, embodying the virtues of strength and honor, is a cornerstone of the Ivorian Empire's martial prowess. With their motto, Virtus et Honos (Strength and Honor), and symbol of an eagle clutching a laurel wreath and a gladius, they represent the epitome of military excellence and ethical fortitude. The Valerianus Dynasty is known for producing the finest warriors and generals, and they are celebrated for their victorious campaigns and strict adherence to a code of honor, which defines them as stalwart defenders of the realm.

House Sapiens, upholding the virtue of intelligence, is renowned for its intellectual achievements and commitment to knowledge. Their motto, Sapientia Potentia Est (Knowledge is Power), is reflected in their symbol—a quill, an open book, and a torch. This house values wisdom above all, contributing significantly to the empire's advancements in science, literature, and governance. Their members, esteemed scholars, philosophers, and inventors, hold the belief that true power arises from understanding and enlightenment.

House Potentia, representing power, excels in the realms of politics and governance. Their motto, Imperium Sine Fine (Empire Without End), and their emblem, featuring a scepter crossed with a lightning bolt, symbolize their commanding influence and strategic acumen. Known for their ambitious drive and skillful diplomacy, House Potentia wields significant control over the empire, continually striving to expand their dominance and maintain their stronghold on political power.

House Praestans is synonymous with prestige, their motto Gloria et Fama (Glory and Fame) reflecting their pursuit of grandeur and renown. The golden crown surrounded by stars on their symbol denotes their high social standing and opulent lifestyle. Members of House Praestans use their immense wealth and influence to shape the cultural and social landscapes of the empire, reinforcing their position as paragons of magnificence and fame.