chapter 23

"I don't know what to do," Way expressed.

"Everything will be fine soon, don't stress," Pete comforted him.

"I don't want to lose you," Way said.

"Calm down, we will talk with your mom, okay?"

"No, I'm afraid if we go, she will separate us again."

"Let's see..."

"I can't take any risk..."

They were interrupted by Way's phone ringing.

"Good morning, sir... yes sir... tomorrow morning... okay sir," Way said while talking to someone on the phone.

"What happened?" Pete asked.

"My boss told me to come in today," Way replied.

"What...?"

"I have to leave."

"Please don't go, we just met and now you're talking about leaving me again."

"I have to go, Pete. It's about my job."

"But Way, you can join in Thailand too..."

"It's not that easy, Pete..."

"Okay, you can go, but you have to call me every day and don't lose contact with me."

"Okay, okay, I'll start preparing to leave."

"Love you, please don't go..."

"Love you too, Pete, but please understand."

"Okay, okay, take a shower..."

Pete didn't want him to leave again, but he had no other option but to wait for him.

It's been two weeks and Pete hasn't received any call from Way nor has Way picked up any of his calls. Pete wasn't ready for this. Had Way fooled him? He thought maybe Way was busy with work, which is why he didn't pick up the phone. But things were getting out of control and he still hoped Way would pick up. He decided to go directly to meet Way, but he didn't know where Way lived. Suddenly, an idea popped into his mind. "I can get it from the company, oh yes."

Within a week, he got the company's address and decided to go.

"I'm coming, Way..."

When he reached the office, he learned that today there was a party, so they were at the party.

"Where are they?" Pete asked.

"Sorry, but you're asking too many questions. What do you want?" a staff member asked.

"Please, ma'am, let me know..."

"Where is the guard? Take him out..."

"Please, ma'am, please let me know."

Not knowing what else to do, Pete dialed Way's number again but Way didn't pick up. Feeling very hungry, Pete decided to have dinner first. While he was eating, he saw Way going upstairs. He left his meal to stop him but saw something that made him hesitate.

He saw Way on the stage with a lady, holding her hand.

"So, this was the reason he didn't pick up my phone?" Pete's eyes filled with tears.

"Today we are here because I have some good news for our company and some other announcements," a man said.

"He succeeded with the Thai project because of you guys, especially Way. He did a lot of work on this project."

"What about the other news, sir?" someone asked.

"Oh, yes, we decided that my daughter and our beloved Way will get married soon. I'm impressed by his work and my daughter loves him."

Everyone in the hall was happy except for Pete. His brain stopped working. Why didn't Way interrupt him? Did he really love that girl? Did he fool me? Many questions flooded his mind. Way was warm and polite with her. They went to the floor and started dancing, very close. Pete's eyes filled with tears and he left the place without meeting Way. Everything was clear he had been fooled by Way.

He checked the time on his phone. It was 2 am and there were no flights for another five hours. He didn't have anywhere to stay and no hotel room was available. Some were very expensive, beyond what he could afford.

Deep in thought, he suddenly saw a car coming towards him. Luckily, the car stopped before hitting him.

It was Way. He came out of the car with that girl.

Precap

"Please, listen to me, Pete."

"What do you want?"

Guys, what do you think? Has he really been dumped by Way, or does Way have another reason? Stay tuned for more updates, and let me know your thoughts in the comments. Thank you for your support!