Chapter 1

A/n: I originally posted this story on AO3, I decided to bring it over here. I don't know why my muse has been on an emotional kick lately but, there is a major character death. I'm sorry for all the sad stuff lmao. Don't hate me.

Chapter 1 -

(Ethan)

"Where are you headed off to?" Johnny Zacchara called out over his shoulder, shrugging his jacket off.

"I'd...rather not say. Can you do me a favor?" I shrugged off my signature dog tags, handing them over to my best friend.

"Lovett, what's all this? Are you in trouble?" Johnny's eyebrows crease together, trying to figure out what was going on.

"I need you to give these to my sister, please. Don't worry about me, I'm okay." I forced a smile, I needed to handle this on my own. I wasn't going to involve anyone else, this was my cross to bear.

"Lovett, I can help you. You know that I can. You need to tell me what the hell is going on." Johnny's voice was stern, panic flashing in his deep brown eyes.

"Zacchara, I am fine. I just...I want Lulu to have these. If you care about me at all, you won't follow me. You will give these to my sister. I need you to trust me. I am doing the right thing by going at this by myself. This isn't your fight." Ethan kept his voice firm, he didn't want any help.

"Lovett, is this like when I say that I don't need your help with Corinthos but I really need your help? Is that what you're doing?" Johnny squinted at him, cautiously taking Ethan's dog tags.

"No, it's nothing like that. I need to go. I need you to take care of yourself Zacchara...I need you to make sure my little sister is going to be okay. There's no way out of this, my only way out is facing the music. I don't want you to intervene or stop me. Before I go, I need you to promise me that you'll be okay." Ethan was dead serious as they shared a look.

"If you think that this is something you need to do, I won't stand in your way. Man, this...this really hurts. You're my best friend, you've taught me so much. God, your sister..
She's gonna be torn up about it. I'll have to tell her the truth and she's going to be mad at me for not stopping you. I'll make sure she's going to be okay, even if it kills me. I wish I could talk you out of this, man." Johnny felt something rising up in his throat, he couldn't swallow. It was like when he knew Claudia was going to die, there was nothing he could do to stop it.

"I know Zacchara, I know. The last thing I ever wanted to do was cause anyone pain but, this is my burden. This is my deal, I dug my grave a long time ago. It's time to face the music, take care of yourself." With one last final look at his best friend, Ethan walked out of the penthouse for the last time. Ethan couldn't bear to have the same conversation with his sister, because her tears would be too much. Ethan drove in his El Camino for what would be the last time, parking it near the docks. Ethan slowly walked up to Pier 54, hearing slow footsteps behind him. It was his time of dying.

( Lulu)

"Ethan?" I called out, scurrying to keep up with my brother as he didn't seem to hear me.

"Look who finally showed up, any last wishes Lovett?" I saw an older Italian man cock his silver caliber, slowly stalking my brother with his eyes.

"Do I look like a pussy to you?" Came Ethan's cocky answer.

"What? Ethan, no!" I couldn't help myself from yelling out, running towards my brother as a loud bang emitted from the other man's gun. I fell to my knees as Ethan collapsed into my arms, blood seeping from the wound in his head.

"I love you, you were the best sister a bastard could ask for." Ethan managed one last cocky smile, before the light faded from his face.