Chapter 3

A few days later

Ayan

I cleared my throat before knocking at Dad's cabin.

"Come in," Dad says after hearing the knock.

"Sir, please check patient no 21 reports and check the line of treatment." I say after entering his cabin.

I call him Sir instead of Dad when we are in hospital.

"Call me Dad, there is no one here." He says, taking the file from me and starting to check it.

I immediately sat down in one of the chairs opposite his table since there was no one else in his cabin.

I wasn't feeling good at all.

Maybe running a little fever, too.

He looked at me concentrated may be because I sat down or he understood sonething is wrong with me but he didn't say anything.

We discussed the patient, after which I was about to leave.

I wore a mask as I was going to attend a patient since it is a viral season going on.

"Ayan, come back after you are done with the patient. I think your shift will end with this."

"Yes, Dad, my shift will end, but why do you want me to come?" I ask as I wanted to hide about my health with him.

"I will tell you about Akansha."

"Ok."

Maybe he didn't come to know that I was unwell.

After 10 Mins

"Keep this in your mouth." Dad says, handing me a thermometer as I enter his cabin.

He found out.

Akansha di was just an excuse to bring me back to his cabin.

He knows that i don't like getting treated.

Well!! Nothing could be done now.

I sat down and kept the thermometer in my mouth.

"From when are you not feeling well?" He says while checking my pulse.

"Not long ago, may be for just an hour," I say after he removes the thermometer.

What's in the future for me.

"Fever is not so high. Still, I will give you a fever reducer. You can't be sick for long when you have to work as a doctor. Thus, it will help you recover fast." He says as he proceeds to his table of supplies.

I have become a doctor.
But I still have fear of needles.

"No, Dad, I will take tablets, no need of an injection. My shift has ended. I will go home and take a rest." I say before he started preparing the shot.

I just had a little fever. Tablets will do.

I went straight home, took a tablet, and went to my room to sleep.

Akansha di was at her office.

After getting not even 5 minutes of sleep, I heard a noise.

It was Akansha di going to vomit.

Oh God!! She is feeling sick.

But I was also not feeling good.

I had to drag myself out of the bed.

Akansha

I was at the office when I started feeling unwell.

Dealing with 3 hours of uneasiness, fever, and sickness, I was going back home right now.

I was not in a state to call Dad while driving the car.

So I thought to call him after reaching home.

I opened the door with keys kept in my purse.

Controlled a lot to not vomit before reaching the washroom.

Someone's hand covered my forehead while I was throwing up.

After throwing up everything, I felt a great sense of relief.

"Come sit down, I will bring you a glass of water."

It was Ayan.

I went to our room where he brought me water.

I was feeling extremely lethargic that I didn't even see his face.

"Take this, and check if you have a temperature." He says, handing me a thermometer.

I wanted Dad right now, not him.

But I had no option.

I took the thermometer and kept it in my mouth.

I knew I had a fever.

In fact, high fever.

He kept his hand on my wrist when the thermometer was in my mouth.

He didn't even ask for permission.

I wanted him to get lost.

"I know you don't like this, but Dad will ask me your details and what will I answer him." He says and takes the thermometer out of my mouth.

"You should have told Dad you have 103 fever." He says and starts thinking something.

"Tell Dad that if he wants me to give an injection to reduce the fever, he has to do it himself. I will not take an injection from you."

"So you know that you need an injection. And one more thing, why do you have the same argument again and again. I have given you an injection before also na. Then why again Dad needs to tell you to take it from me. What if he is busy in the hospital?" Ayan blurred out.

How straightforward he said that.

"Anyways, I will call Dad before proceeding further." He says and goes out.

I changed my dress to comfortable pants and a crop trop once he was out.

I can't believe I was preparing myself to get an injection from Ayan.

I knew that Dad would tell me to do the same thing.

Ayan

The two of us getting ill on the same day wasn't a coincidence.

It is some sort of allergic reaction.

We are allergic to peanuts. May be we have eaten it unknowingly.

We had started a new jam in today's morning breakfast.

So that's the source of the infection.

I am not that sick as Akansha di is.

It's because she already has an underlying condition.

She can get ill very seriously due to a minor reason, too.

She needs an anti-allergic medication to get fine again.

And a fever reducer, too.

That is 2 injections.

Without Dad.

After repeated calling Dad to get no answers, I decided to act without his consent.

I just left a message for him, briefly summing up my diagnosis. He will come to know when free.

These injections shouldn't be delayed.

I prepared both shots in Dad's study and took them in a small tray after covering it with a napkin.

He always keeps enough stock of medicines at home knowing about Di's health, and then i go back to her.

She was ready to take the shots.

She is so courageous, unlike me.

I wasn't a fool to tell her that she needed to take 2 injections before starting anything.