New Years Eve Pt.1

Rin entered school that day feeling off. He knew he forgot something, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

As he walked into his classroom, the uneasy feeling grew. Rin bumped into someone while he was lost in thought.

Rin looked down, "Y/N? What are you doing in my class?"

She walked past him, "It's none of your business."

Rin watched as she walked right past him to meet up with another guy. The student was tall, about his height, with black hair and carried a volleyball. His blood boiled watching Y/N holding the unknown boy's hand. Rin marched over to the two and took Y/N's other free hand aggressively.

"Y/N, what are you doing? What is this?" Rin asked angrily.

"Rin what's your problem?" Y/N snapped.

Rin was horrified. He had never seen Y/N this upset nor aggressive before.

"What do you mean? I should be upset." Rin defended, "You're holding hands with some guy when you're dating me."

Some students came out of their classrooms to watch the drama go down. Some simply watched and others pulled out their phones to record the situation.

Y/N replied, "You know, that's rich coming from a cheater. You should've said that we were dating when you cheated on me with that idol."

"Idol?" Rin was now confused.

"Is that your ex Y/N?" the mysterious boy asked Y/N.

"Yeah, it is." she replied.

The mysterious boy rolled his eyes, "Geez, what's up with him?"

Rin gave the boy a look of anger and frustration, "Come on Y/N, you know I'd never cheat on you."

"I don't want to deal with this anymore, all your lies." she said, forcefully removing herself from the grip of his hand, "No amount of apologies will fix us so leave me alone Rin. You can stay with that girl or whatever...I don't care."

Y/N walked off with the mysterious guy Rin couldn't identify.

"Wait Y/N!" Rin reached out to her.

No matter how much he ran, the distance between him and her grew faster than he could catch up. Rin was more upset with the fact that he cheated. He never saw himself cheating on Y/N in a million years. He was even confused to what really happened, because he would never do anything to make Y/N leave him for another guy. An alarm began to blare in his ears as he continued running. The hallway, in which he was running in, faded into light.

Rin's eyes opened. His heart was pounding as he felt his body and pinched himself. He turned off the blaring alarm before laying back into bed. Rin turned on his phone to check if this was still a dream and if Y/N was still with him.

When the phone screen turned on, he was greeted by the photo of Y/N holding flowers after the concert in front of the convenience store, the very one he took. Rin opened his messages with Y/N and checked her name. Luckily, it remained as "Love". He scrolled through the recent messages. It remained the same with no arguments besides the one about having leftovers for breakfast or lunch. Rin opened Instagram to check the messages. Again, no arguments. Just videos that Y/N sent to him or videos Rin would send Y/N about owls, soccer, anime edits, or things the two of them would find funny.

As Rin shut off his phone, he sighed in relief. His reality is safe and sound. No scandals or arguments. The only thing he wanted to check was Y/N, just to see if she was doing fine on New Years Eve. He concluded that she would still be asleep at the moment, so he got out of bed and did his morning routine.