Study and Dinner Date Pt. 1

The sound of whistles and yells echoed across the field.  Rin and his team were playing a practice match against a local club since competition season was creeping up.

Y/N decided to attend practice today since she was curious.  What was soccer like?  She's never done anything soccer related: watching nor playing.  Y/N felt that to be a good girlfriend, she should come to understand some of Rin's interests.

As she walked over to the school soccer field, the sounds of soccer grew.  To her ears, it sounded violent...very violent.

"Isamu! Steal and pass it over god damn it!" Daisuke said.

Isamu stole the ball and passed it over to Daisuke.  Daisuke rolled his eyes and sidekick the ball over to Rin.

"Thanks," Rin whispered.

He gave a quick run and kicked the ball, aiming for the net.  It flew beautifully, straight into the goal, right past the goal keeper.  Rin's team cheered, making the first goal of the game.  A whistle blew and the teams were given a break to drink water, discuss strategies, and to cool down.  It was a pretty long game after all.

Y/N sat down in the bleachers, among a couple of parents, to watch the game.  She was in awe when she saw that goal.  The way his hair flipped to the way he watched the ball move after a kick was just so breathtaking to her.  She took note of where Rin was, his jersey number was 10.  

Rin drank some water in attempt to cool down. Many team members surrounded him and congratulated him for that goal.  As he set down his water bottle, he saw Y/N from the corner of his eye.  He looked up and squinted to make sure, and he was right, it was Y/N.  Curious to why she was here, he decided to ask his coach if he could be excused.

Rin approached coach Ito, "Coach, there's some business I want to attend before continuing the game.  I'll be right back."

"Sure, just be back in time so that we can talk about the next game plan," Coach Ito said, "nice goal by the way."

Rin nodded, "Yes, thank you."

Rin jogged up to the bleachers to talk to Y/N.  Y/N saw him approaching her and left her seat to talk to him.  Rin couldn't come directly into the bleachers so he talked to her through the fence.  Y/N stood above him and he looked up to her.

"Sweet, I'm finally taller than you." Y/N jokes, "Nice goal by the way, I didn't know that my boyfriend could be so cool."

"Thanks, it could've happened earlier though.  My team mates are lukewarm, they lack communication and always pass to the wrong people," Rin sighed, obviously feeling a bit frustrated with his team, "But anyways, why are you here?"

"I was just curious how practice was like, but it seems like you have a game today." she explains.

"It's not an official game, more like a practice match to see what the competition is like this year."

"Ahh I see...well I just wanted to see what soccer is like. You know, understand things that you like."

"Oh, thanks...you didn't need to you know."

She continues, "Yeah I know, but also that's the first thing you asked from me when you wanted me to be your girlfriend, be your support system.  I'll come to your games and some practices."

"Right right, if you get bored, you're welcome to go somewhere else.  Today isn't an official game too.  I mostly wanted you there for games, practices are unnecessary and take up too much time" Rin said, "but I'll make sure to walk you home today."

"I hope you can stay later at my house too, but I'll tell you more details later," Y/N said, "It seems like your coach is trying to get your attention."