chapter fourteen.

chapter fifteen. market stop.

           PHOEBES POV

PHOEBES POV.

Nancy speed down the streets and stop the car to a halt. Everyone groaned in the car from almost being piled on one another and soon everyone was getting out. As Johnathan helped me out with Mike, I watched Lucas launch a rock through the glass doors of a small store.

Johnathan and Mike helped me move around as Nancy roamed the store looking around for things to clean my wound. Once she found them all she turned back to the boys and me. "Put her down." She says.

They did as they were told and I groaned softly while being placed down. As Nancy lift the bottom of my pant up, to reveal the injuring everyone groaned a the sight of it and I whimpered softly as Nancy exposed it.

Nancy gathered some tissues and poured what I assume was rubbing alcohol on it. Just as she was about to start cleaning the wound, Max stopped her. "Woah, what are you doing?" She asked Nancy.

Nancy raised a brow in confusion, "I'm cleaning the wound." She simply says.

Max shook her head, "No, first we need to top then bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." She corrects. We looked at her a bit shocked that she knew what to do in this moment. Max sighs, "I skateboard. Trust me." She said.

She grabbed a tissue and placed it over my wound. "Nancy hold this," she orders. Nancy placed her hand on top of the napkin and I let out a loud groaned at the pressure being put on my wound. "Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?" She instructs Nancy. She then looked towards Mike and El, "we're going to need water and soap." She tells them.

The two nods and went searching what Max asked for.

Lucas then suddenly dumped his whole backpack to the floor. We stared at him in confusion. "Does any of this help?" He asked.

Max, Nancy, and I dropped our gaze to the floor. Seeing nothing convenient at this time.

"No," Max responds. "Go get me a washcloth and a bowl." She told them.

"A bowl?" Lucas quizzed, confused.

Max gave him stern look, "Lucas," She warned, "go."

Lucas and Will went.

I was still squirming in pain. Damn, this monster bit hurts like a bitch.

"Ugh, this is why you never send men to do a job." Max groans, annoyed at how long Lucas and Will are taking. Max stood up and went looking for them.

When she walked away, it left Nancy, Johnathan and I by ourselves.

"How are you holding up?" Nancy wondered.

"It hurts, a lot." I chuckled softly.

Nancy smiled for a second but it faded away soon, "I meant about Billy and everything that is happening." She explains.

I looked up at her, "I just want Billy back. I want this thing to just end without anyone else getting hurt in the midst of it all." I responded, with a broken smile. "I feel like every since Billy's been gone, a piece of me left with him." I felt my eyes tearing up a bit just saying his name and thinking of all the plans we made.

A hand was placed on my shoulder, "don't worry." I looked over and saw Johnathan, "you'll get him back." He reassures.

"Code red!" We suddenly hear. We all turned our heads to see Lucas walkie talkie on the floor.

"I repeat this is code red!"

My ears perked at the voice. "Dustin!" I exclaimed.

Johnathan rushed to his feet and over to the walkie talkie. "Dustin?" He asked into the microphone.

"Johnathan?" Dustin wondered, "doesn't matter. I've been stuck underneath..." His voice kept going in and out. None of us understood what he was saying.

"Dustin, I can't understand you." Johnathan says.

"And now---they're using---to open gate." His voice kept coming in and out.

"Dustin, you're breaking up!" Johnathan exclaims.

It kept sounding gargling from our end.

"Dustin! Dustin!" Johnathan shouts.

"What happened?" We all turned over and see El and Mike standing there.

"Dustin. Dustin tried contacting us by the walkie talkie, but I think his died." Johnathan says.

"He sounded frantic. Like he was afraid, I think he's in trouble." I told them.

"I can searched for them." El spoke.

Everyone quickly gathered their things and went moving towards the refrigerator aisle. El open a fridge filled with eggos, put her blindfold on, and began her searched. We all sat around her quietly. Awaiting for something to happen.

Suddenly, an argument arose between Lucas and Mike about the new coke.

I rolled my eyes at them and El ripped her blindfold off. "Hey!" She yells at the two, letting them know they're being a distraction.

Mike apologizes softly but then wondered, "did you find him?"

El nods, "at the movies."

"That's weird." I say as Johnathan began helping me up.

Lucas grabs his cart of fireworks and we all began to make our way out of the store. "The movies? Dustin is so freaked out about the gate, he decides to go watch a movie?" Lucas said, "yeah, makes totally sense." He continued as he pushed his cart full of fire works.

"Are you positive he said 'gate' and not 'great'?" Max questions as she had her hand at the of shopping cart; helping Lucas.

"Yeah, like, 'this movie I'm watching is pretty great'." Will agrees.

"It sounded like 'gate'." El said to them.

"Which explains how the Mind Flayer is still alive." Mike confirms.

"Yeah," Nancy agree, "we just have to shut it again."

"Then the monster dies," Will concludes.

"But if not," Max perks, "we always have Lucas' fireworks." She teases with a smile.

Lucas and Max bickered as we all continue to leave the store. Beginning our journey to the mall.