FIVE: BARRON

I COULDN'T even remember the last time I felt this alive. As I felt Patricia's body move against mine, her heart pulsing warm blood inside her arteries under those soft, perfectly round breasts, the warmth of her breath on the skin of my neck... I had never felt this exhilarated. She was familiar. She felt familiar. I knew I had tasted her blood. But this felt something different... could it be possible?

I had to know.

In the edges of dancing young bloods around us, I had seen Elektra's pale face. Then she was gone. But then, as I looked further, I saw her trying to get close. I could feel her agitation. My eyes met hers and I shook my head. She stopped advancing to me, but I could still feel her worry.

This young woman was someone Elektra, one of my human witches, actually cared about. I was curious. Elektra had known and cared for hundreds of witches through the years, but she had her favorites, those she took in and loved like daughters. That she cared about this very young human female in my arms meant something.

I sent waves of calmness to my servant. It was like a warm wave that travelled across the room. Wala kahit isa sa mga taong nadaanan niyon ang nakadama maliban noong narating niyon si Elektra, na agad kumalma at umaliwalas ang mukha.

*Have you fed, Master?* tanong niya sa aming psychic bond.

*Yes. That woman earlier was a good treat, thank you. But even if I haven't , I will not feed on her, Elektra, if that's what you are worried about.*

*I know that now.*

*Who is she?*

*Morgana's last pure witchling.*

Sumikdo ang dibdib ko sa sinabi niya. Napayuko ako para titigan ang mukha ng babaeng aking kayakap. She didn't need to look up at me for me to see the shape of her eyes, how innocent they were, and yet intelligent eyes. Morgana's eyes had been green. This woman's were not. Nahaluan na siya nang ibang mga lahi. But they were still the same almond shape that slanted upward on both ends.

And, if he would see beyond the darkness of her irises, he could detect the different, slit-shaped irises like that of cats.

Bumagal na ang tugtog at ni hindi ako nakadama nang anumang hesitasyon mula sa kanya noong marahan ko siyang hinila at pinalibutan ng aking mga bisig. She felt so familiar to me. As if I had held her before, danced with her like this before... made love to her over and over the whole night through...

*Master, she doesn't know anything about how powerful her blood is.*

*Yes, that is quite obvious. Nor had she ever met a vampire. You and Vivi have guarded her well.*

*Master... we weren't guarding her from you.*

*Alam ko, Elektra.*

Nakapikit na muli ang mga mata ni Patricia. Her long and thick lashes fluttered like she had fallen asleep, or she was sleep-walking. She looked so pale. Pale yet contented.

I've fallen in love with her that fast.

Then she smiled as if she'd heard my thoughts. She opened her eyes slowly and didn't even blink in surprise when she saw me watching her face. I felt when my lips smiled back at her of their own accord. Now I know why her eyes consumed me the first time she really looked at me back in the bar. Now I know why I felt her so powerfully when she arrived. It didn't even matter if I hadn't tasted her blood. Her great grandmother had already fed me.

But... Elektra and Vivi should be hiding her from me. They both knew I needed her. I needed her as my grandfather would need the Witch Queen.

I needed this spawn of Morgana to save my race.

Again.