4. Dinner Date ?

The next day, Akriti took a day off after follow up of few patients. Kabir was having two pre-planned surgeries in line. In evening he got free and messaged Akriti, he also shared the location.

At XYZ restaurant's parking area, Kabir and Akriti crossed each other.
"Oh ! You are on time. I expected that you would come a little bit late.", Kabir exclaimed.

"What makes you think so, Dr Kabir? ", Akriti questioned.

"Girls often take time, don't they ?"

"It is not same for every girl. Moreover, I like punctuality."

Kabir chuckled, appreciating Akriti's straightforwardness. "Fair enough, Dr. Akriti. I stand corrected."

They walked towards the entrance of XYZ restaurant. The evening was warm, and the city lights added a soft glow to the atmosphere. As they entered, they were greeted by the host and led to a cozy corner table with a nice view of the city.

 As they entered, they were greeted by the host and led to a cozy corner table with a nice view of the city

"This place looks nice," Akriti commented, glancing around appreciatively.

"After all it's my choice.", Kabir said with a playful grin.

Akriti smiled. "You do have good taste, Dr. Kabir."

As they settled into their seats, a waiter approached to take their orders. They perused the menu, discussing their options before deciding on their meals.

"By the way, you are looking different today , at first I was not able to recognise you.", Kabir commented while leaning back to his chair.

" Itni acchi lag rahi hu? Ab har jagah ek tarike ke kapde pehenkar nahi jaa sakte na.", Akriti replied.

[I am looking that good? Now we can't go everywhere wearing the same type of clothes.]

Kabir chuckled. "True. True. But you are  looking good in casuals."

"My pleasure."

"Well I usually don't give compliments.", Kabir stated.

"Should I consider myself lucky?", Akriti asked.

"You can count yourself as one but I am the luckiest person, in fact I am God's favourite child.", Kabir declared with a grin.

"Really?"

"Haso mat, sach hi bola hai maine.", he retorted.

[Don't laugh, I have said the truth only.]

"You are so obsessed with yourself Dr. Kabir.", Akriti commented.

"Lomdi ko angoor khatte hi lagte hai.", he spoke with a mischievous grin.