8

It was four days later and there still wasn't any sign of Louis getting rid of his damn sickness. He was ready to throw himself from the window so that he didn't have to suffer anymore. Harry came by to make him food, change his sheets and be there for him when all he could do was to lift his hand to wipe his snotty nose. Harry also lay down with him many times, saying he had a strong immune system and wouldn't get sick easily, so Louis let him. He was desperate to be in the man's arms anyways.

The worst thing about his sickness was the fact that he had to go to work every single day even though he couldn't keep his eyes open. And of course, work brought many annoying people with it which was so frustrating that Louis wanted to rip his own hair out. Alfred wouldn't stop cornering him despite the way he looked while sick, Gio never stopped throwing him dirty looks whenever he caught him resting for a minute and the customers were annoying as fuck as usual.

But he often had Harry with him, taking care of him like it was a normal thing to do like washing the dishes or taking the dog out for a walk. Strangely enough, it didn't feel like Harry was doing it because he was supposed to do it, it was like he somehow... liked doing it. Louis was too tired to think about the reasons behind it but something inside was telling him there was nothing to be worried about, so it was okay.

After a week of Harry spending every free hour he had taking care of him and probably not being with his son enough, which hurt Louis to the point he talked to Harry about it but he said that wasn't something he had to worry about, Louis finally felt like he was back to being a normal person. He was totally sick of his constantly running nose, watery eyes that didn't listen to any Kleenex and being tired all the fucking time. You guess his relieveing it was to look at himself in the mirror and not seeing a boy that was metin because of the goddamn sickness.
Harry had a very big part on his recovery, so when he kissed his forehead and left for work in Thursday, he decided to thank him in a way that would be more meaningful than just wording his gratitude. There was a big chance of Harry just laughing at him and thinking that he was a child for doing this, but he still felt stupid enough to try him. He only had a three hour shift today in the morning, so he got ready after taking a shower and went to the market to get everything he needed to make a cake. Harry told him he didn't like chocolate when they were talking about what they did and didn't like last weekend, so he was careful not to throw any chocolate-involved ingredients to the cart accidentally. He was all about caramel and fruits today.

He gathered his things and made it to the cashier after getting some snacks for himself. He was told by Harry that the man wanted him to stay away from unhealthy snacks as much as he could but the biscuits standing there just looked to attractive to not buy.

After paying for his things, he practically jogged to his house because he saw a text from Harry that said he and Jamie were coming to see him in a few hours. Louis felt kind öf angry at Harry for not mentioning his son coming with him but right now he had more important things to do than staying mad at Harry. If two people -one of them being a kid- were coming to his house he had to do a little more than just preparing a delicious cake. He knew that Harry wouldn't mind even if there was not a single thing to eat in the fridge but he knew that Jamie wouldn't be as understanding as him and he wanted to leave a good impression on the kid. Jamie liked him from the first day they met but, still. Things were starting to change between him and Harry.

The cake got done sooner than he expected, so after putting it in the fridge to let it cool down, he started on the actual food. He didn't trust himself on making a big meal in an hour which meant he didn't really force himself and made what he could. After an hour in the kitchen the table was as good as it could with Louis' cooking. There was some pasta with sauce, chicken and a small salad besides the cake. He smiled to himself and went to take a shower before they came.

Louis was lucky he was completely ready when the bell rang, signaling that his guests were here. He took a deep breath before opening the door and getting face to face with the delicious view that was Harry in a suit with his totally-same-as-him son waiting in his door. He gave a big smile for Jamie that looked excited which relieved Louis because he was thinking that the boy would get bored from the moment they rang the bell. But Jamie just hopped from his Daddy's arms and hugged Louis legs, si Louis guessed it was going to be a good night.

"Hey, baby," Harry said while leaning down and kissing his cheek. Jamie was clinging to Louis while the boy carried him in his arms with just a little force but Louis didn't mind it at all. In fact he was so glad that the kid wasn't so judging towards him.

"Hi," He replied, fighting a blush. But it was impossible to hide something from Harry, seeing that the man only smirked at him. He turned his head to the boy resting in his lap.

"How are you, Jamie?"

"I'm good! Daddy let me sit beside him in the car! Said that I'm a good boy now."

Louis raised an eyebrow at the man, questioning his moves that included letting a kid five years old being out of his seat in the car. Harry just shrugged and mouthed, "He is very forceful."

Louis shook his head. "Alright then, shall we eat? Because I'm starving, and you probably are too."

"A little bit," Harry answered, nodding. Upon smelling the food, the hungry kid got rid of Louis' arms around him, leaving him and Harry alone for the first time since they stepped in. Harry instantly wrapped his strong arms around his waist, pulling the boy against him, and tucked his face in the crook of Louis' face which was difficult considering Harry was as tall as a giraffe and Louis was fairly small. But they made it work, and Louis found himself being kissed on the temple in a second.

"He loves you so much already," the man whispered in the tone that he only had for Louis. Louis grinned against the man's chest and looked at the man in front of him.

"I'm glad he does."

Harry smiled a little bit wider and being fast enough to not make the little guy in the kitchen wait for much, he leaned in and whispered against Louis' lips without touching, making the boy's heart skip a beat.

"And I love you so much, too."

Hello, everyone. I'm so very sorry for the long wait, I was really sick and after getting better I really couldn't bring myself to complete the new chapter. I had a very big problem with my teeth and now my stomach doesn't really feel good. I hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment. Xxxx