Chapter 4

"This place is no longer safe",said the smaller man,as he walked the width of the cave to and fro..
"It's all because of you",he said pointing at me,this is the first time I've  actually seen him angry,but anyway it was my fault,I shouldn't have left but they left me with no choice anyway.

I went to her bedside and sat there,taking her hand,I held on to it and prayed just like granny always did for me when I was ill,"how do you feel?I asked the sleeping figure,"i shouldn't have tried to run,but am scared,and am left with no choice, imagine being carried away from your comfort zone and you woke up feeling like Alice in Wonderland",I said.

Am going to learn how to fight,am going to survive here I thought walking back to my spot,I layed there thinking of home of granny of Docktown and my friends too.....and soon I slept off..

[Bird screeching]
A man runs into a tent carrying a bird with him..
"Chuu",he said doing a salute.

"Speak",said the man he saluted.

He brought out a small note smeared in blood from the purse tied around the bird and moving closer he gave it to him..

The other man upon reading it said,"Lin's group is dead,but he gave the description of the person were looking for and this information will be attended to,ready the horses we match out tomorrow.

***********

It was midday when I woke up,no body was in the cave just me,the chipping birds created a nice melody,a thought came to me to escape,but with what happened earlier today,escaping was very far from my plans,the girl walked in,"how are you feeling?I asked.

"Better"she replied

"Thanks for yesterday",I added

She didn't reply"what of the others?

"Covering our trail",she said.

"Can you teach me how to fight,like you're really a good fighter",I said.

And that brought out a smile from her,and it made me wonder what made her this way,her drive and the rest,she seems caged to me,a person with much secrets..."the place you comen from,how is it like?she asked sitting beside me.

"Umm there are houses",I started"taller than that tree with red leaves",I said,the expression on her face showed she was filled with awe,I continued,"and huge craft carrying people around in the air,to different places like 200persons from this point to er we,what did you call that place again? I asked.

"Wuxi",she said laughing

"Yeah,to Wuxi,and there are no bad guys running around with swords looking for who to kill",we continued the discussion till the men came back, what's the name sorry your name?I asked.

"Mu Hua".

"Nice name,am starving",I said and got up too.
***********

That night we had a good dinner of roasted dear and fruits, I chewed till I got tired,the big man whose name I learnt was Bashir neatly skin the rest and smoked them for preservation,and afterwards we all sat round the fire discussing for quite sometime before going to bed.

Early the  next morning Bashir went to check on his traps and came rushing in,we were surprised..

"Get up we have to leave now", Scar's scout will be here any minute he said packing his own things,we have to go now hurry hurry he said.

We quickly arranged and left,we used the rocky terrain as the short man had advised us to,knowing fully well that they won't climb up here with their horses,along the way we had a little combat with some bandits which were easily overthrown,I was very hungry but safety was all on my mind at the moment,it was about  midday when we stopped to rest,we must have given them a lot of distance but my legs hurts from too much climbing and actually I fell asleep on the soft grass..