Chapter Eight

After a few hours of discussing the setlist and Seonghwa fighting with Hongjoong about keeping one of the ballads in instead of the one they previous had; it was time for dinner.

"I told you Atiny love Star 1117, why switch it with Dreamy Day?!" Seonghwa instigated once again and this time Hongjoong had a knife in his hand, pointing it at him.

"We are keeping Dreamy Day and that is end of discussion." Seonghwa rolled his eyes and scoffed at the leader and went back to washing the few dishes that were in the sink.

I hopped up on the counter and grabbed a baby carrot from the bowl. Hongjoong gave me a side glare and I just gave him the most innocent look, while taking a bite.

"I don't need my power to see that the tension is sharp in here." Yunho strolled in and he got a hand towel thrown at his face.

His eyes flashed purple as Seonghwa was moving around the separate nozzle to wash away the soap at the bottom of the sink; causing the eldest's hand to move on its own. He yelped, surprised by the sudden attack and water ended up all over the kitchen.

"Hey!" Hongjoong exclaimed as he dropped the knife on the cutting board, whirling around, his hand raised, a light barrier appeared, making the water bounce off onto Seonghwa.

With a flash the barrier was gone and Seonghwa managed to get control of his hand to shut off the water. Yunho was on his knees, laughing hysterically and a bubble of laughter managed to escape my lips. Hongjoong and Seonghwa looked at the mess and then at each other. They joined in on the laughing fit and the tension evaporated from the air.

"What is all the commotion ab- What the fuck happened in here?!" San exclaimed as he caught himself on the counter after his slipper slipped on the puddle of water.

A hissing sound was made as steam rose up from the bottom of his hand. His hand glowed a deep orange as his eyes widened.

"Woah kill the fire Sannie." Wooyoung caught his elbow and quickly let go at the sudden heat.

"Clean this mess up." Hongjoong giggled and tossed the hand towel at Yunho and Seonghwa.

"Who needs a towel?" San and Wooyoung looked at the mess. They eyes flashed as San summoned fire and Wooyoung summoned his water.

The mess was clear in a matter of seconds and Seonghwa huffed. He threw the towel on the ground and muttered under his breath as he stormed out of the kitchen.

"Yeosang, Jongho! Come set the table!" Hongjoong hollered down the hall and quickly followed Seonghwa from the room.

"What was that all about?" San looked at me confused as ever. I shrugged my shoulders and continued eating the carrot.

<A Couple of Days Prior>

<Unknown POV>

Humans are so pathetic. Pushing through the crowd I walked across the intersection. People were hollering and cars honked as they passed by. The smell of sewers and gasoline polluted the air and it was the worst smell imaginable.

The jacket scraped at the wounds that were raw down the sides of my back and I winced with each nudge of my shoulders. My father was the worst being in creation, so is the rest of my family for taking sides with the goody two shoes angel. I will never forgive them for stripping my wings and my markings. I felt the warmth of my medallion against my chest like a second heart.

It became unbearably hot when a sweet scent filled my nostrils. Like a bloodhound I lifted my nose and smelled the air. My eyes trailed up to the skies and in the sky scrapers, I caught a glimpse of something flying. The wing span was too long to be your average bird. My body bolted forward, racing with the mysterious flying object and I froze as my eyes saw her.