30. Last choice

A group of paramedics were pushing a stretcher in the hallway of block B. Screams were thrown out, asking the nurses, patients and visitors to move out from the way. The saline solution was carried by one of the paramedics, lifting it above Venti's heart position.

Tighnari kicked open the door towards the surgery room, letting the paramedics to push in the stretcher, leaving the rest to Tighnari and his team to work.

Tighnari took out a small bottle of HausBoom energy shot, downing it in one go into his throat before throwing the bottle away and focused on Venti.

"Stats?" Tighnari asked. A doctor came rushing towards him, holding a board on her left hand.

"Patient is reported drinking too much alcohol, suspected with liver related problem" the doctor explained. Tighnari clicked his tongue.

"Either fibrosis or cirrhosis... Fucking hope it's not decompensated or he dies" Tighnari muttered. He wore a surgery face mask before wearing up latex gloves. The other doctors have already put Venti to asleep using anesthetic, and monitored his heart rate.

Tighnari looked at the clock, he closed his eyes before taking a deep breath and took a surgery scalpel. He opened his eyes.

"Time out. Patient name, Venti Barbatos. Open on table for emergency surgery related to liver problem. Time 11.41pm" Tighnari muttered as he pushes the blade into the skin.

"May god be with us..." Tighnari whispered slowly as the caffeine from the energy shot earlier is rushing inside his brain, allowing him to focus.

---

"JUST FUCKING GREAT!" Tighnari shouted. He threw the blade he was holding across the room in rage. The other doctors were just left in silence. Venti infact is suffering from critical decompensated liver cirrhosis. A fatal liver disease which is almost impossible to be treated.

"There is still hope doctor! We jus-" before one of the doctors continued, Tighnari stared at him in anger. He grabbed the collar of the doctor and shoved it closely to Venti's opened up liver.

"TAKE A FUCKING GOOD LOOK! DOES THAT MEAN THERE IS HOPE??!!" Tighnari shouted in anger. The doctor finally realized what Tighnari was pointing out.

A noticable black area can be seen clearly on the liver. The cells in the area is already dead. Tighnari was furious. There is no livers at the organ bank at that moment as it was bought by an another hospital.

The door was suddenly swung open. All of the doctors looked at the entrance into the surgery room. A weak Scaramouche, with a loose green surgery coat entered the room. His eyes look tired but still determined to help at the most he can for Venti.

"Are you simply dumb or what? You know livers can regenerate even after losing 90% of it's whole organ don't you?" Scaramouche pulled up his sleeves and the first thing he did is to cuss at Tighnari's team.

"Doctor Kuni! We-" before one of the doctors tried to speak up, Scaramouche placed his index finger against the doctor's lips, silencing her up. Scaramouche tilted his head, cracking his sore neck.

"But Scara, it's a decompensated liver! It is beyond repair at this point!" Tighnari pointed out. Scara let out a tired sigh. He looked at Tighnari straight into his eyes.

"Why you want to fix something that is already ruined? You can't keep an infected plant with the others. Either you replace it or remove the infected part and let a healthy one regrow" Scaramouche let out a quote from himself. Tignnari was silent after hearing Scaramouche's words. The emo doctor clicked his tongue.

"I will be guiding you now. Listen to me and this stupid alcoholic will survive" Scaramouche said with a soft voice but any doctors can feel the strictness in his words. The team nodded. Scaramouche took a closer look at the damaged liver and began his lead by dissecting one part of the damaged lobule.