31. It'll be alright

Kazuha is sitting at the train station. He had his earphones stuffed inside his ear, listening to 'If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking'. Scara had to be transfered to a hospital in Sumeru since they have better healthcare rather than St. Xavier's Hospital. As much as Kazuha really wanted to stay with Scara, he had a job and is unable to be with his partner for a few months.

Scara was walking towards him with a bottle of mineral water he bought from a nearby convenience story at the station. Scaramouche sat beside the bartender, letting out a tired sigh.

”Are you sure you're okay without me? I mean... 3 months away is a long time you know..." Scaramouche asked. He is dead worried regarding Kazuha being all by himself while he was gone.

Kazuha only shook his head, pausing the song he was listening and took off his earphones. He leaned his head, resting it against Scara's shoulder.

"It'll be painful for me to try continue my days without you but... If it means you get better care, I guess it's worth it..." Kazuha cooed as Scaramouche's ear. Kazuha looked at Scaramouche eye to eye.

"I really wanted to touch your hair again... But I forgot you're technically bald now..." Kazuha joked a bit, poking Scara's beanie. Scara puffed out his cheeks, slowly smacking Kazuha's head.

"Shave your head then. Show some support for me dude..." Scara mumbled. Kazuha let out a laughter, enjoying every little moment with his lover.

Time passed by, Scara's train finally arrived. Kazuha accompanied Scaramouche to his coach and gave him one last hug. Scaramouche caresses Kazuha's soft cheeks, slightly tearing up.

"Take care okay Zuzu?" Scaramouche gave out his one last hope. Kazuha nodded slowly. Scaramouche waved his hand as he entered the train before the express departed from the station.

Kazuha looked around him. The station feels oddly silent. There is no one around him except the staff watching over the ticketing counter. Kazuha felt he was left alone at the moment. He shook his head, trying to avoid him from overthinking.

"I better go visit Tighnari..." Kazuha muttered to himself. He placed his earphones back in place, playing the music before walking out from the train station which is around 30 years old at that moment.

---

"Excuse me... Is Dr. Tighnari here?" Kazuha asked the receptionist. The receptionist looked at the schedule on the wall beside her, before tapping on a small square on the time table.

"Yes, he is currently at the morgue. Are you his friend?" the pink haired receptionist asked. Kazuha nodded while rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah, you can say that... Thank you!" As Kazuha wanted to walk away, the receptionist called him again.

"Excuse me sir! About Dr. Kuni, how is he doing?" The receptionist asked. Kazuha paused his steps. He looked at the receptionist hastily.

"He is fine... Just needed to go to Sumeru for a more proper treatment" Kazuha replied with a warm smile. The receptionist nodded.

"That's good to hear. The treatment in Sumeru is better than this hospital honestly" the receptionist replied. Kazuha shrugged before navigating his way into the hospital, trying to find Tighnari.

After a few turns and asking nurses, Kazuha finally arrived at the hospital's morgue. From the door's window, Tighnari spotted him standing outside. Tighnari went to open the door and greet Kazuha.

"Oh, hey Kazuha. What are you doing here?" Tighnari asked. Kazuha scratches his head, lifting up his shoulders.

"I... Don't know honestly... I kinda want to know how Scara does his work..." Kazuha replied. Tighnari looked around before pulling Kazuha into the morgue.