Chapter 5: Spark of attraction

Author POV:

Mahnoor and Imaan woke up from a long, deep sleep, feeling the weight of exhaustion from the previous day's Sangeet function. They had danced the night away, and the lack of sleep was evident in their sluggish movements as they got ready for the day. The baraat function of their friend Zahra was scheduled for later, and they didn't want to miss it.

As they made their way to the first floor for breakfast, their stomachs growled in anticipation. The aroma of freshly cooked food wafted through the air, reviving their senses. Just as they were about to enter the breakfast hall, a bright smile approached them.

"Hey, you guys look like you could use a coffee IV!" a cheerful voice exclaimed.

Mahnoor and Imaan turned to face the speaker, taking in the girl's warm and friendly demeanor. She had big brown eyes, long curly hair, and a radiant smile.

"Hey, we're just trying to survive on caffeine fumes today," Mahnoor replied, laughing.

The girl nodded sympathetically. "I totally get it. I'm Zarmina, by the way. I'm a friend of Zahra's too."

Imaan's eyes lit up. "Nice to meet you, Zarmina! We're Mahnoor and Imaan."

As they exchanged pleasantries, Mahnoor couldn't help but notice how easy it was to talk to Zarmina. She was warm, witty, and had a spark in her eyes that made them instantly click.

The three girls chatted effortlessly, discussing everything from their favorite foods to their shared love of Bollywood movies. Mahnoor and Imaan were surprised by how much they had in common with Zarmina.

Little did they know, Zarmina was Rayyan's sister - Mahnoor's sworn enemy. But Zarmina's kind and genuine nature had already won them over, and they were oblivious to the connection. For now, they were just three girls, bonding over breakfast and shared laughter.

As they finished breakfast, Mahnoor suggested, "Hey, why don't we get ready together for the baraat function? It'll be more fun with the three of us!"

Zarmina's face lit up. "That sounds amazing! I'd love to get ready with you guys. To be honest, I'm here with my brother, but he's not really interested in the wedding or my preparations. He's just here because he has to be."

Imaan raised an eyebrow. "That sounds harsh. What's his problem?"

Zarmina rolled her eyes good-naturedly. "He's just not into this whole wedding scene. Anyway, it's nice to have some girl time and get help with my outfit and makeup. It'll be a blast!"

Mahnoor grinned. "Absolutely! We'll make sure you look stunning."

Zarmina chuckled. "thanks! Shall we head to my room and start getting ready?"

"Let's get ready in my room instead," Mahnoor suggested. "All of our things are there, and it'll be easier to get ready together."

Zarmina agreed. "Okay, that sounds great!"

As they finished their breakfast, Imaan offered to help Zarmina gather her belongings. "I'll help you carry your stuff to Mahnoor's room."

Mahnoor, still savoring her breakfast, asked them to go ahead. "You guys go ahead, I'll be there soon. I'm still finishing up."

Zarmina smiled. "Take your time, Mahnoor. We'll meet you there."

With that, Zarmina and Imaan headed out of the breakfast hall, chatting and laughing as they went to gather Zarmina's things. Mahnoor watched them go, feeling grateful for the new friendship they had formed. She finished her breakfast at her own pace, unaware of the unexpected encounter that awaited her.