уєαя σηє

January
♤♤♤♤♤

All of Vagu watched as their former king was driven along the roads of each state. The shops ran out of black cloth, all bars were shut down, and it wasn't uncommon to see someone crying in public anymore. It got so worrisome that the queen needed to shorten the mourning period in fear of the country going bankrupt.

Beom and Marie moved back to Vagu once their son was buried in Normandy. They lost two children in one country and couldn't stand to be there any longer. Before they left, they took Lloyd's things back. They took most of his clothes, his blankets, his recorders and vinyl, little toys, and almost all of his jewelry. Most of it belonged to Da-Eun. François was heartbroken when they took the earrings he wore on their wedding day. He begged them not to, but Beom said they were his mother's and wanted them back.

François was left in that quiet house by himself. He only had five of Lloyd's outfits because they were either taken back or put in the museum. He had two of his bracelets, one necklace, his piano, all the paintings they liked, two of his notebooks, ten of his books, his pillows, and his tape recorder. He couldn't bring himself to listen to it yet.

In the middle of January, François gave all the animals to his grandparents. They were a painful reminder of what Lloyd loved. They would sit by the door for him, sniff Apple's dog bed, lay with his pillow, they wouldn't eat unless they were shown a picture of their owner. He couldn't tell deal with that. It wasn't their fault. He knew that. It was just too much. 

They didn't know what to do with themselves there. Pierre's happiness returned when he played with them, though it was short-lived. Everything changed too fast. Before, they had Lloyd to snuggle and love them, and they had Apple to play with. Now, they're somewhere new. Lloyd's scent was gone, François was gone, everything they adored was taken from them, and they were put here.

Benjamin was the most upset. He looked for Lloyd in different rooms. He would look out the window for his owners. He couldn't do anything about it. He didn't eat, he didn't sleep, all he did was silently grieve.

♤♤♤♤♤

Lloyd looked up and saw the woman. He reached out for her, and she let him sit on her finger again. Apple sniffled around.

"What's going on?! I'm so confused and scared!"

She rubbed his curly hair. "Dear, you're asleep for now."

"Asleep?! But today is me and my husband's anniversary! I can't sleep through that!"

"You'll see him soon, I promise you will." She saw him relax. "You're going to do that job for me, but first, I want you to meet new people. They're were born with the gift you have, but they weren't able to finish the job. It wasn't for them."

"Oh, okay." He looked around. "Where are they?"

She put him on a planet that was violet. He couldn't move, so Apple did the exploring for him. As she moved and sniffled all the new flowers, she heard footsteps. She barked as she immediately ran back to her owner to protect him, Lloyd looking on as the footsteps got louder.

He saw a man with old clothes and tired eyes walking towards him. He bowed to him.

"Your majesty." He spoke in old Korean. He let the little dog sniff him so she could relax. "Welcome."

"Um, hello." He was picked up by the man. "Who are you?"

"Ye-eun, your very great grandfather."

♤♤♤♤♤

"What, grandma? I was sleeping."

"François, Benjamin died. He was still waiting by the door."