Chapter 1: Colter

Summary:

Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang take refuge in the snowy mountains near Colter after a failed robbery. Led by Dutch Van der Linde, the gang faces harsh conditions and internal tensions as they plan their next steps in a changing Wild West.

Notes:

Dear Fabulous Readers,

Welcome to Forged in Brotherhood: Arthur x John! 🎉

I hope you're ready for a wild ride through a world where canon and fanon collide in the most delightful way possible. Buckle up, because this story is going to take you on an adventure filled with brotherhood, bravery, and a dash of mischief.

Enhance your reading experience! I've created a special Spotify playlist that complements the story perfectly. Trust me, it's a musical journey you won't want to miss. You can listen to the playlist (Forged in Brotherhood in the name: BibbleBibble.) Link in the comment here. ➜

I recommend starting with the song 'By 1899, The Age Of Outlaws And Gunslingers Was At An End' as it is the song which the game actually begins with.

༺༻

Opening Scene: Colter

By 1899 the age of outlaws and gunslingers was at an end.

America was becoming a land of laws...

Even the west had mostly been tamed.

A few gangs still roamed but they were being hunted down and destroyed.

Wind whooshed between the trees and mountains, the sound of snow crunching under horse hooves and the coaches' wheels. One man stepped off a moving coach into the deep snow, the wind freezing his body. He clutched his arms to his chest as he walked to the front of the coaches.

"Abigail says he's dying, Dutch. We'll have to stop someplace!" yelled Reverend over the harsh and loud wind. Dutch turned his head as he saw Swanson walking beside his moving coach.

Dutch didn't stop the horses that pulled the coach he was sitting on and that he drove. "Okay, Arthur's out looking. I sent him ahead." Swanson nodded at Dutch's explanation and went back to the rear of Dutch's coach. Dutch looked over his shoulder as he watched Swanson step onto the coach. Hosea, who sat beside him and was covered in snow just like Dutch, started talking. "If we don't stop soon, we'll all be dying. This weather, it's May... I'm just hoping the law got as lost as we did."

Hosea pointed ahead just as Dutch and Hosea saw a figure in the distance. "There! Arthur!" He pulled on the reins and the horses stopped. "Any luck?" Arthur, who had his face hidden behind his hat, looked up, one hand holding onto his hat. "I found a place where we can get some shelter. Let Davey rest while he.. you know." He yanked on his horse's reins and turned the horse as he continued speaking. "An old mining town. Abandoned, it ain't far! Come on!"

Come on!

Chapter 1: Colter