Chapter 1: An Introduction

LIYA

I had been transferred to a different company, KQ Entertainment. I was a pretty big fan of ATEEZ so this was exciting news for me.

That day, I was informed that I would be added to a new group that hasn't made their official debut. I wasn't given any information on the group, so I was excited to find out. My new manager decided to have a meeting with me beforehand. 

I arrived to the meeting and I felt an awful sense of dread. This felt like I would be receiving some bad news.

"Good morning Khaliya!" My manager greeted me with a smile. "Hello Ma'am!" I greet her with respect as I sit down across from her. She gets up and closes the door behind me, which did not help my anxiety.

"Well, we can get this started. It wont take too long. You're aware that you will be put into a new group, correct?" She asks, getting out a sheet of paper.

"Yes! I'm excited to learn more about them!" I straighten my posture, brightening up.

"I'm glad, however, you will not be in a girl group like you may have thought." She immediately looks for my reaction. I tilt my head in confusion.

"You'll be put into a group of boys." It felt like my worst nightmare was coming true.

"Like, a co-ed group? Like KARD?" I ask, hoping for that outcome.

"No. Thats why I wanted to have this meeting with you. There will be a total of 11 members, including you, if you decide to join. I wanted to see if you would be comfortable with this decision." She asks calmly.

She idea of being in a group with 10 other men was such a bad concept. Why would she think this was normal?? I thought maybe she was going to add more girls in the future, or just put me into a girl group later on, so I decided to hear her out.

"Um... Well... I'm not completely sure. I don't know any of the members, ma'am." I say in a concerned tone.

"I want you to join in on their practice today to see how you feel in the group. I know, as a woman, this is intimidating. But these boys are extremely respectful and put together. I think they will treat you with respect. Could you give them a chance? I wont force you to debut with them, I want you to feel the space and decide for yourself." 

The way she talked about these boys made me feel slightly more relaxed. But with my personal experience with men in general, I wasn't sure what to think. The second I'm left alone with them, I begin to worry about what could possibly happen. I think to myself in silence for around 30 seconds. 

Maybe I could just... give it a try.

"Well... I guess if I've been training for this long, I can see how it works out." I gave in to my manager. She smiles at me and nods.

"Thank you Liya for giving them a chance. If you feel uncomfortable at any point then you can back out. They have their practice in about 15 minutes. If you could stick around until then, I can escort you there."

"Will I be alone with them?" That was my biggest concern.

"Only for a portion of the time. If you need me, I'll be in my office which is right next to their practice room." I sigh and nod my head. "Alright." I say quietly.