Chapter 1.1: The Prince

If you are new here, Welcome and hope you Enjoy

Ten years ago, I was only seven years old. Sitting in the middle of my library. It was a circular room with bookshelves filled with leather-bound books. It was past dusk and with the sun already set, I only had a handheld lantern illuminating the book in the middle.

Beside me was seven years old Rosaria with her pink and white smock dress. Just above her torso coveted the Radcliff insignia all laced in gold. A Lion standing upward on its hind legs, paws up like it was ready to pounce.

We both were looking at the pictures on the pages. The images were vibrant and majestic. Seeing the wonders of the landscapes from the vast field of soft colorful flowers to the highest frigid snowy mountains. The largest bright hot orange sandy desert to the pure cool tranquil forests.

I couldn't stop grinning with the promise we made. That one day we will be able to go to these places. Yet for now, these pages were our window to the outside world. Imagine what could it be like to be in those places based on the adjectives given.

The door opened, revealing the bright orange hue coming from the hallway. Standing in front of us was the majestic king, my father. His radiant gaze filled us with both respect and authority. Dawning the golden crown, holding multiple color jewels which I was told were accomplishments passed down from generation.

Rosaria stood up and bowed gracefully. I just sat there, looking back and forth between those two.

My dad couldn't help but grin, a lovely smile as he told Rosaria her escort was ready to take her home. Her immediate reaction was to hug me tightly, not wanting to leave.

She pleaded to him to spend the night over. Behind my father was her Usher, a tall man, thin and wearing a light blue suit.

It was hopeless to remove her tight hold on me as she begged and demanded to stay. Yet my father, being gentle and soft-voiced, got down on his knees in front of us. He whispers something into her ear. Even as close as he was, I couldn't hear clearly what he told her.

Her face lit up just as radiant as my dad's smile. And with that, she released me from her clutches and rushed over to her escort. Watching him bow gracefully and apologize.

Curiosity was rising tremendously, wanting to know what Dad told Rosaria to change her mood completely. Before I could, he picked up the book and was skimming through the pages with great interest.

"It seems you've taken quite an interest outside of the kingdom."

I couldn't hide my embarrassment, head lowering with a slight red filling my cheeks. Instead of scolding, he closes the book and lays it in my hands. Glancing up at him, bewildered. He smiles, reassuring me, "I have something special planned for you, but you have to promise me you'll be patient."

Knowing it was a gift, especially from my dad, it was something tremendously worth waiting for.

Now I'm seventeen years old. I had long forgotten about the surprise and that moment was the only time it was ever mentioned. My head rested on my hand. In the main hall where our thrones are bestowed to any who walks in.

For me, Baron von Giggison, my days are the usual routine consisting of waking up, having my servants dress me, and preparing for the daily royal tasks. Watching my father handle all the political and religious debates. Talks and planning with the nobles. Ensuring protection with the military and updates on the foreign kingdoms.