Ch 37 - 39

C37: Big Oolong

This farce made Gu Ying hate herself for going to Qixia Mountain to hug the thighs of powerful people.

She would never have thought that this man who followed her, chattering nonstop, free and easy, elegant and handsome, was actually her fiancé, Young Master Hou.

It turned out that the cold "Young Master Hou" she had been thinking about for several days was a huge misunderstanding she made herself!

She covered her face in shame, unable to stay here any longer.

No wonder Zhao Changdu had just rescued Huo Qiyun.

After all, Miss Huo was one of his Zhao family’s people.

He had just seen with his own eyes that she had pushed his sister into the trap, thinking she was a treacherous and vicious woman.

Then he saw her go to pull Huo Qiyun, and must have thought she had ulterior motives, which was why he looked at her with those wary, disgusted and contemptuous eyes.

Gu Ying did not dare to stay and contend with Su Huanfeng. She laughed and cried as she slapped her forehead several times, then hurriedly pulled Yanzhi and ran away.

"Hey! Gu Ying, where are you running!"

"Could it be that you're too shy after seeing your future husband so handsome?"

"What's there to be shy about? An ugly daughter-in-law will eventually meet her in-laws! I'm handsome and carefree, elegant and charming, like a jade tree in the wind. Why are you running away!"

Not until she ran to a dark, deserted corner where she could no longer hear Su Huanfeng's narcissistic voice did the heat on Gu Ying's cheeks subside a little.

"Miss, are you alright? The Young Master won't eat people, so why did you just ignore him and leave like that?"

Gu Ying squatted down, covered her face, hugged her knees, and whimpered twice. She then raised her red little face, "Yanzhi! I'm in trouble, big trouble! I may be done for!"

Since her rebirth, she had never lost face so badly...

Yanzhi became even more worried. The miss had been calm for several days. Why was she timid again today?

"Miss, what's the matter? This time I really don't understand... Which of those two young masters is the real Young Master Hou?"

Gu Ying sighed deeply. Yanzhi was by her side and would live and die with her in the future. So she had to explain this to her clearly to avoid more trouble in the future.

After she finished speaking solemnly,

Yanzhi stamped her feet anxiously, "How can there be such a coincidence! Now we're really done for! Done for!"

"The young miss has offended the Heir Apparent. He won't retaliate against you, will he? He's the heir of Duke Zhenguo's manor. With a flick of his finger, he could wipe us out!"

Gu Ying thought about it for a while.

At first, she was also a little panicked and apprehensive. But now that she had calmed down for a while, she felt that Zhao Changdu, who held great power, was famously dignified without abusing his power, and probably wouldn't be petty enough to quibble with her, a weak woman... over such a trivial matter, right?

What was her status, and what was his?

There was a huge gap between their status and position. If she hadn't mistaken him for someone else, they wouldn't have had much intersection at all...