Ch 178 - 180

C178: She admits she misses him a little.

This matter was that she hadn't considered it properly, (they) must find an opportunity to speak clearly with Huai'an, and let him give up on Yinlan as soon as possible.

Yinlan was silent for a moment, and resumed her usual smile, "Madam, it's getting late, do you want to rest?"

"Wait a little longer, you go to bed first, don't keep me company, look at Yanzhi, sleeping silly, you should learn from her, be more open-minded, don't always think too much."

Yinlan had no choice, "This slave doesn't think too much, it's just that the Duke's manor is not the same as the Earl's manor, and this slave has to be more careful, especially when it comes to serving day and night, the young ladies next to Miss Hou Qiyun always come to our side to probe about the Young Lord."

Gu Ying lightly "hmm"ed, with no other expression on her face, only her long lashes lowered, unable to see her emotions, "Huo Qiyun still has His Highness in her heart, what she lacks now is a way to make her leave Zhao Changxing."

"Madam really wants to help her?"

"Hmm."

"But the Young Lord..."

Gu Ying was slightly flustered inwardly, "His Highness should also want her to leave, Zhao Changxing is a demon, to help his childhood sweetheart suffer under a demon, with His Highness' character, he wouldn't just sit back and watch."

Yinlan sighed, and was speechless for a while. In her heart, she hoped that the Young Lord would favor Madam alone for his whole life.

But she also knew that with the Young Lord's character, it was really unlikely.

Huo Qiyun was too important to the Heir Apparent.

"Alright." Gu Ying curved her brows and smiled, "Go rest soon, I'll continue copying scriptures."

Gu Ying had actually almost finished copying the scriptures, with only the last volume left. She planned to let herself rest for a bit, and finish copying it overnight tonight.

Without the Heir Apparent, Changfeng Pavilion felt somewhat empty at night.

After Yinlan left, this feeling of loneliness became especially pronounced.

While she copied the scriptures, she recalled memories from her past life in her mind.

In order to resolve His Majesty's suspicions, the Young Lord stayed up all year, and was determined to disband the Qilin Army, settling them on the borders to work the fields and mines. When discussing this with His Majesty, both sides made concessions, and His Majesty also agreed to the Zhao Heir's proposal without taking back the Qilin Army's tokens of authority.

At the beginning of the year, heavy snow collapsed countless houses in Yueyang, and the people suffered from the snow disaster. His Majesty sent Prince Shu to handle the disaster situation.

Originally, Prince Shu was handling the disaster well, and this matter would have become his stepping stone to get promoted and enfeoffed, but unexpectedly... that year's snow disaster was especially severe, and there were also frequent earthquakes... After Prince Shu brought troops to Yueyang, nearly all his men died in the earthquakes. Most horrifying was that after the earthquakes, a plague broke out...

Prince Shu barely made it back alive.

She saw all these things from Jiang Yin's study.

At least in her past life, Jiang Yin had cooperated with the Eldest Prince before, both of them were of Prince Duan's faction, intending to support Prince Duan to ascend the throne.