The First Word

"It's July 11th, finally!" I said as the alarm breaks the calmness of the early mornings, specifically 7 am, well yeah it's too early for THE RIDE TOUR at 11:30 am but the enthusiasm woke me up as I felt the Adrenaline rushing through my blood --- consequences of being way too excited!

Stumbling my way downstairs mom's food aroma tickles my inner as the omelet's frying sound breaks the silence of the kitchen, and with a bright smile, mom posted the sweetest "Good Morning".

It was a mild summer day, the best in compare with the New York-an July days, the breeze was shy but beautiful, the sun was so shiny, and the clouds formed the best shapes ever.

And just as the clock ticked 10:30, I ran to my room, put on my polo t-shirt, zipped my pants, and wore my sneakers. And right at 11:10 I departed home, took a taxi right to Chevy's Mexican Restaurant, just to find my high school friends waiting there: Chloe, Harry, Jenny, Jack , and Alice. Chloe and Jack are my best friends, like they're the best people ever. Harry, a science nerd, point. Jenny, the girl secretly crushing on Harry, she's somehow a nerd too 'to be honest'. And Alice, the most perfect girl on earth, we met in eighth grade and continued in the same class till second high school year.

As we took the ride, we had lots of fun through all the stations, from the one-and-only Times Square till reaching the Central Park, where I could say, my day has just begun.

The water sparkled so gentle as the sun rays seemed to be dancing all around its surface, and the trees so green, so beautiful, and Alice's eyes were the most adequate finishing touch to finish that work of art nature made.

"Alice, I wanna tell you something" I said as I looked up to her eyes

She paused a smile and said "Go ahead"

"I'll try to make it simple as much as possible, all i want to say is that I Love You" I uttered it, and even before the last word was completed, she directly hugged me and said "I was waiting this, since forever, I love you too"

I could feel her embrace getting warmer as she hugged me longer, I wanted time to be immortal, but the touristic guide's voice shattered the most epic moment of all "Everybody enters the bus please!!"

And all the way to the drop-off, 42nd street & 8th avenue, right in front of the Chevy's Mexican Restaurant.

And that's how our star started to shine as its brightest!!