𝟦. 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃𝓈

Who would've thought that grief could come in so many different forms. It's only been an hour since we left that party, and I feel a pit in my stomach after leaving her, like a sinking feeling that convinced me I'd never see her again.

"Better?" Conan asks as he finishes tucking me into my bed, and immediately climbing in next to me so we can watch a movie. I nod my head, still waiting for my drunkenness to fully wear off.

"I gotta text Billie...gimme my phone." I say to him quietly through yawn.

"Billie? That was quick." he chuckles as he reaches for my phone on the night stand and hands it to me. "What happened in the bathroom?"

"Oh god Conan it was so weird, and confusing...and I'm also drunk so I'll probably not think as hard of it tommorow." I state matter of factly and giggle as I open up my phone to find her contact.

IMessage

Lacy
Heyy, it's Lacy. I'm just letting
you know that I made it home
in one piece !

Billie
Hey, I'm glad you made it home.
Tell Conan I greatly appreciate
him for making sure that
happened 😂

I catch myself smiling at my phone like a teenage girl with a crush. She texted back faster than I had anticipated.

"Cone..." I nudge his arm softly to get his attention and show him the phone.

He chuckles a bit reading her message.

"Tell her I said it was my pleasure." he says with a sarcastic grin, clearly picking on my drunken outbursts tonight.

"Asshole.." I mumble and scrunch my face at him playfully before returning Billie's text.

IMessage

Lacy
Conan said it was his pleasure,
but he was picking on me per usual!
😭

Billie
Ohhhh you poor thing🥺
I think you will forget by the morning
babe.

"Ughh!!" I groan in frustration, tossing my phone down and turning my body to face Conan, smushing my now red hot face into his shoulder.

"Um...are you good?" he asks in a higher pitched voice, expressing his concern.

"No! I mean yes...but no! She makes me feel stupid like...like middle school crush stupid!" I mumble into his shirt.

He laughs slightly and reaches over grabbing the remote for the tv, clicking it on to find something to distract me from my intoxicated crushing on someone I just met.

"Put your phone down for the night, before you get yourself into trouble...and pick something to watch."

I pull my face away from his arm and lay back on the pillow next to him, now focusing on the TV.

"Let's watch Mean Girls!" I say enthusiastically.

"There's one thing you've done today that I can agree with." Conan teases as he searches for the movie.

"Leave me aloneeee" I fake a whine and slap his arm playfully.

Conan was the first to pass out, about 25 minutes into the movie. I made sure he was covered up so he didn't get cold, and then I laid back down and drifted off shortly after, not having the energy to get up to grab the remote to shut the tv off.