6. the journey

" Love at first sight doesn't exist "

well maybee , it does exist in our little love story . Even if it's virtual or real life . We Fall for eachother over and over again .

Fast forward to our university interview. Ash and I were in the bustling hall, nerves palpable as we waited to be called. Hundreds of students our age surrounded us, each one just as anxious. My heart pounded in my chest, the anticipation almost unbearable. Needing some comfort, I reached out and held onto Ash's hand. We exchanged a reassuring glance, knowing we were in this together, no matter what.
As we clutched each other’s hands, the university's head suddenly stepped onto the stage. A hush fell over the room, and everyone froze, just as shocked as we were. The air was thick with anticipation, and every eye in the hall was glued to the stage. The head cleared his throat, and the gravity of the moment hit us all at once, amplifying the collective tension and curiosity. What could this unexpected announcement mean for us all?"

The head started speaking, 'All of you are excellent in your academics, making it hard for us to choose or reject anyone specifically. So, to make it easier, you will all be staying here for a month, participating in various events and competitions. Throughout this period, eliminations will occur, and by the end of the month, only 30 of you will be selected in each stream out of all 300 in each, meaning only 90 of you will be chosen out of the 900 applicants.' The hall erupted in murmurs of surprise and anxiety. The stakes were higher than we had imagined, and the road ahead suddenly seemed much more daunting. Holding Ash’s hand tighter, I took a deep breath, ready to face the challenge together.

Luckily, we had enough clothes since we went shopping for college after getting our results. Now, we just had to move into the dorms, though they weren’t completely ours yet. We would stay there for a month, participating in the competitions and hoping to secure our place. As we lugged our bags to our temporary rooms, I felt a mix of excitement and determination. Hopefully, by the end of this month, we’d earn the right to call these dorms our own. We wandered around the room, taking in its vastness. It was huge, with two comfy beds and a massive walk-in closet. It felt like a dream come true. The bathroom was amazing, and we even had a speaker in our room for announcements, which was a bit weird but fine. It seemed like we'd get alarms through it or something. We found a book with the rules and discovered that the speaker would indeed be used for alarms, probably because some students had been sleeping through theirs. It would also be used for important announcements. It was an odd setup, but we were ready to adapt. This was just the beginning of our month-long journey to secure our place at the university.

Suddenly, we heard something from the speaker. It crackled to life, and a voice announced that we would have two days to explore, make friends, and adapt to our new environment. The idea was thrilling, and we were excited to meet new people. But first, we needed to recharge. It was only 8 am, and we had been up since the crack of dawn. A quick nap was in order to freshen up before lunch. We would be called by 1 pm, giving us just enough time to rest and be ready for everything that lay ahead.
Here's how you might continue:

Ashley lay on her bed, utterly exhausted. I quickly changed into my comfy pants and jumped onto my bed, feeling the weight of the morning's excitement catch up with me. Before I knew it, I fell straight into sleep, the soft mattress and the promise of a new adventure lulling me into a deep, much-needed rest.