✦ Friends & Best friends ✦

I'm sorry for the late update, I was busy with other things I didn't had enough time to edit the chapter. But to make it up to you, I will do a double update. Make sure you read the next chapter as well. Thank you for waiting.

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

Today was the day. Jungkook will be appointed as Kim's official security head, as Yoongi liked to call it. As fancy as it sounded, Jungkook couldn't just get past the thought that he was going to become someone's bodyguard for God knows how long.

Last night, Yoongi and he went to Seokjin's restaurant again to apologize for the little misunderstanding they created that morning. To say Jin was mad at them would be an understatement and he was ready to kick them out.

But luckily, they escaped the wrath since there were customers around them, and Jin didn't want to disturb them. Thankfully, Yoongi had a plan b, and before something else could happen, he showed the older the present he brought. A bouquet of pink pioneers.

Seriously how subtle can he be?

Jungkook had to roll his eyes when his hyung said that it was just a way to calm an angry Jin while buying them, even though Jungkook didn't question him in the first place.

Apparently, that was how Jin demanded apologies during their high school and they still followed those habits. At least that was what Yoongi had said but he was not an idiot to ignore the glint of happiness in Yoongi's eyes and the beaming smile while picking up the perfect ones by himself.

"Whatever floats your boat, hyung," Jungkook remembers waving off his hyung's obvious behaviour.

Once Jin settled for less violent behavior, the three males had dinner together. After closing the cafe quicker than usual, they settled to talk about the matters at hand.

Jungkook was briefed about everything that has happened since the first death threat received two years ago to the box with a kid's hand sent as a gift to Taehyung a couple of days ago.

They told him everything about KPL, the people who were working as well as the people who left, about the important personnel who were close to them, and the people they suspected. All the details younger needed to know about the Kims.

Then Jungkook was shown pictures of the people who were like family. He remembered the two unknown faces from the pictures in Yoongi's apartment and now they have names, Jung Jimin and Jung Hoseok.

Jungkook listened to everything carefully and saved every single detail in his memory. At last, he was shown the people he was there for, Kim Taehyung, CEO of KPL, younger brother of Seokjin, and Kim Jihoon, son of Taehyung.

Jihoon was an adorable little ball of fluff. The boy's puppy brown eyes and tiny button nose instantly brought a smile to Jungkook's face. He reminded him of Soobin. Very innocent and cute.

Then there was Kim Taehyung.

To say that Jungkook was awestruck by the male's features was an understatement. Taehyung looked beautiful and so handsome that Jungkook had to stop himself from staring at the laptop for too long. He didn't know why but he was eager to see the beauty, in person, up close.

He was willing to stay in Seoul after seeing Taehyung, his soon-to-be boss. That's how Jungkook found himself waking up early and getting ready to start his first day at KPL, even though he didn't exactly like the idea of being a bodyguard. Yoongi was a little surprised but didn't question it.

Now they were in Yoongi's car, heading to KPL after their breakfast. Jungkook was humming a song playing on the radio while Yoongi was giving him suspicious side glances now and then. Jungkook seemed too active and that didn't sit well with Yoongi.