Chapter 2: Familiar Colour

Hey all, thanks for coming back.

Just a heads-up about the style. Since sign language will be used in some parts of the story, singing and talking will be italicized and underlined. Signing without audible dialogue will only be in italics.

I have left some footnotes for general knowledge on Gangsta's world :)

Chapter 2: First Meeting

The body rolls on the floor, surrounded by shattered glass, falling on the other side of the empty doorframe, as blood splashes on the floor from an open shoulder wound. She quickly grabs the dagger from earlier on from the ground as Worick peeks, only to meet Nick crouching between the broken window—leaning his left hand at the top of the window and leaning inside.

Her previously flustered emotions graduate toward an unamused poker face as she exchanges a look at Nick. Grinning at her to the body and back at Nick again. "I told you not to bring your guests here unexpectedly! You broke the window again," she says and signs simultaneously.

"As if you care," Nick signs, rolling his eyes, "It's not a 'guest' and he's dead anyway. What's taking you two so long? I have things to do..." he looks Worick up and down, who's still a bit pale, "why are you looking like that?"

"Her lovely hands slipped again...but I'm good," he gives Nick a thumbs up.

"I wasn't worried," Nick shoots back, disregarding his dramatic act.

"Wait...you were here? How long have you been here?"

"I was delivering some packages. I've only been here for 5 minutes, but I'm sure it has taken longer," he rolls his eyes, waving his hand as if talking to a teenager.

"What a hefty and nasty package," she tilts her head, pointing at the body lying over there.

"Dude, you know how smug she is. I told you to come instead; she'd never argue with you! I could've done that. Don't you feel bad for your buddy?" he sulks, pointing at his stomach where she punched him. Meanwhile, Biserka walks back inside the room, grabs the backpack, puts the dagger in her pocket, and walks out again.

"No. I don't want to be the target of those daggers."

"Neither did I man!"

"You two better stop mocking my–" she stops, takes a deep breath, then continues, "Agh, let's just go. And Nick, you better take that garbage out of my place." She looks inside her bag, shoving her hand inside in search of something. She finally takes out a realistic mask with one tone darker than her own skin. She wears the mask with one hand as if it were her skincare routine, pushes the neckline into her shirt, and makes it as natural as her own face.

"You sure about this? It's just the PD; everyone knows you," Worick says with an uncertain voice.

"Not the Levi guy, he doesn't. It'll stay till I'm sure."

"Suit yourself," he shrugs as they exit the building.

"Where are you staying?" Nick asks, pointing back at the building with his thumb, reminding her of her house renovation as they walk further and further away.

"Your place of course," she replies casually, as if the answer is too obvious.

"What? Why? Go somewhere else. Go to that barista's place."

"I didn't ask."

"Still salty, huh? At least bring some booze to celebrate," Worick smirks, tapping her shoulder. She doesn't reply but doesn't seem to object either.