Caught In Uniform

Natalia:

This afternoon was fun, but the guilt of what I am going to do to Mischa is eating me inside. I don't want to ruin our weekend so I'll keep waiting until Sunday.

We stay in a small hotel. Mischa said his adoptive parents probably wouldn't let me stay over, but they probably won't even notice if he's gone.

We get to the room and settle into bed, putting Mischa's favourite movie on that he brought from his house. He tells me it's Saw 5 and in a Saw five case, but I'm pretty sure at the start it said it was Saw 6. I don't really understand the plot, since it's the fifth movie in a series, but it doesn't matter.

***

The next morning we head to a park and lay in the grass. There's not much to do in Uranium city according to Mischa. He said something about going to the mega mall later.

I don't think his friend will be joining us today. He didn't really do much yesterday, I'm not really sure why he was even there but I don't ask Mischa about it.

We chat looking at the clouds for almost two hours before we decide to go down to the mega mall just outside Uranium.

Mischa:

Once we get to the mega mall, it's about lunch time so we wander over to the food court. We look around before deciding to get Taco Bell. I let Talia go find us a table and I line up. When I get to the counter, I see a familiar face.

"Hello, what would you like to order..."

"Noel?" I say, looking him up and down in his uniform. It's a little funny. His cheeks turn pink and he looks down.

"Hey Mischa..." He says, looking like he's trying to avoid eye contact. I try not to make a big deal out of it and I place both mine and Talia's orders. I get the food and make my way back to the table Talia is sitting at.

"Was that Noel at the counter?" She asks.

"Yeah, he never told me he works here. Maybe I should apply so I can keep saving up to move back to Ukraine and be with you." I suggest and I see her face drop a bit, but I brush it off as nothing.

"Yeah... that sounds great..." She says, looking down at her food.

Noel:

Of course Mischa shows up while I'm working. Just my luck. I can't believe he saw me in my uniform. How embarrassing. Until now I have done a good job of hiding my work place, no one in the choir knows where I work and I hoped to keep it that way. But that's ruined now. It's not Mischa's fault, he was just getting food. Maybe Talia was the one who wanted to be here, God I don't like her. No, stop thinking that Noel, you're just jealous she's with Mischa and you're not. She hasn't done anything to you... except take Mischa away.

I continue working but I can see their table from the counter so I try to ignore them, but my eyes keep looking over, as if I'm waiting for something to happen. But nothing is going to happen, they are in love and Engaged. Nothing can change that. Nothing can change the fact I will never get to be with Mischa.

My shift finally ends and I pack up to go. Mischa and Talia left their table a while ago, probably to go browsing, so if I quickly walk out I might not run into them again. I start making a break for the door, I probably look weird and suspicious running down the mall, but I manage to get outside fast and walk over to the bus stop.