September 23rd

I got out of bed, a smile plaguing my face. Two more days, only two days before Jake would leave his club. Two days before my friend would come back to me.

I started the shower and waited to start coughing. The water fell down onto the floor of the walk-in shower.

Nothing.

Not a single scratch in my throat. Just the small sting that had been lingering in my chest the past couple of weeks.

"I should get that checked out soon," I thought to myself as I stepped into the shower.

I was at school fairly quickly, waiting for Jake to meet with us in front of the school like normal.

I was telling Henry about something with Jake. Liam walked up next to Henry and immediately knew what was happening.

The green-haired boy started to tease me again.

"No, that's not-he's just a friend." I looked slightly down at the short, smiling boy before looking up towards the brown-haired one.

"Sure, and that's why you're so excited to see him," Henry leaned closer to me.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes before looking behind me.

I spotted the blonde-haired boy approaching me and smiled.

"Sup Jake," I waved at him before my face dropped.

I took in his expression. He looked exhausted and pissed off.

Pissed off at me.

"Morning Jakey-" Henry said. "Whoa, you look like hell." He said quickly after.

Henry paused to study Jake's expression further. "Wait, lemme guess you were up all night thinking about Daisy rejecting you for that Sean guy." Liam looked down from Henry to Jake. I kept my eyes on the blonde.

"Don't worry bro," Henry started again. "We'll be here for you whe-I mean if that happens." He started to chuckle which worsened Jake's anger.

The laughter quickly turned nervous before it cut off.

"Whoa," Jake focused his eyes on me instead. I felt a sudden throb in my chest as the anger seemed to worsen as his expression fell on me. "Grouchy much?"

I crossed my arms and looked him up and down. "What's up with you? And where did you go yesterday?" I ignored his silence. "It's not like you to skip class."

He looked down.

"Who was it?"

That was all he said.

I looked back at the two behind me before turning back to him. "Was what?"

"Who recorded me the other night?" He looked back up at me. "Or were you all in on it?" He looked at each of us, before landing back at me.

"Whoa what are you on about?" I heard Liam's concern from behind me. "You're acting really weird Jake."

He chuckled. "You think so?" He lifted an eyebrow and had a strange smile appear on his lips. "Well, maybe it's because my so-called friends decided to stab me in the back!" He let his face drop as he accused us.

I looked back to see if they knew what Jake was talking about. Liam looked a little concerned and pissed, while Henry just looked mad at Jake accusing him of anything.

"Jake you're freaking us out," I said before looking back at him, realizing they didn't know what was happening either. "Can you just spit out what the problem-"