Chapter One

Kara's POV

I sighed loudly-and quite noticeably, i might say. It was a bright, hot, sunny day, and most times I would be stretching happily and getting ready for the Summer Festival. Today was the Anniversary of the Great War against the Nightmare Queen, who we defeated. But today was also the day before my 18th birthday. I stared out the window, my ocean blue eyes boring into the glass. Outside, people were getting ready for the Festival, dressing in formal suits and dresses.

"Hey!" My brother Squirt, an Aquarius, banged on the door. "Better come out soon or I'll knock this door down!" When I didn't respond, he swung the door open and sat on my bed next to me. "Kara! Kara!"

"What, Squirt? I'm having some nice free time with myself before I get assigned to a human." I rolled my eyes playfully, and took Squirt's hand.

In the kitchen

"What are we gonna eat, sis?" My brother happily banged his fork and spoon on the table, not caring if it broke, which it probably wouldn't.

"Waffles!"

Hearing this, Squirt's eyes lit up, and as soon as his mound of waffles was set on the table, he started to feast.

I laughed softly as he did so, but a thought struck me. When I get assigned, then I'm not going to see him. Who will take care of Sqiurt? I went in full-out panic mode, and instantly called Mrs. Potter. "Mrs Potter! Could you take care of my lil' bro when I get assigned?"

Fortunately, Mrs. Potter agreed. She was the only senior around. All the others had been recreated.

I sighed loudly as I looked at my phone. Then, the realization hit me all at once. I wouldn't see my friends ever again. I wouldn't see my brother ever again. Nor Mrs. Potter, or sweet lil' Maya. Realizing this, I started to sob. When I realized Squirt had finished, I quickly wiped the tears out of my eyes and turned to face him.

"W-well, what should we do now?" I tried my best to keep the quiver out of my voice, but it must've seeped through anyway, cause next thing I knew, Squirt was hugging me.

"I'll miss you...Sister."

I stood there, surprised, but melted into the hug. And I knew, no matter if we were apart, I would always carry Squirt in my heart.
(I know, it's kinda short, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway!)