Chapter 2: can we ever be free

Summary:
"Elina?! what the hell?!" Elina looks down at her "I'm sorry Emmy"

------------------------------------------------------------------

No Ones Pov

Start of story

“This story begins with a little boy going out with his mother to collect berries in the forest. The mother and son find no berries, but determined not to disappoint, the little boy goes off on his own, further into the forest.

Becoming lost, he encounters the Bat duchess, who bites her own wing and offers him the blood so that he might quench his thirst. Continuing on, the little boy enters a graveyard, where he is met with the bitter cold. From the shadows, the Dark Weaver appears ( hi editor mj here, this so called dark weaver, ngl kinda looks like death :) ), and crafts a beautiful dress from the mist, which she then gifts to the boy to keep him warm. The boy continues on his journey and finds a boat. Hoping it might carry him home. As he crosses the water, however, he is beset by hunger. Suddenly, the Fish King appears, and offers one of his scales for the little boy to eat.

Finally, as the little boy enters the dark heart of the forest, an Iron Steed appears, bearing a beautiful golden gear. The Steed says nothing as the little boy approaches and takes the gear, believing it to be another gift. The Steed grows angry and summons the other creatures from his travels. A wild wind rises around the beasts and suddenly, a Witch appears. The Witch chastises the little boy, saying that since he took more than was given to him, they must be repaid in kind.”

End of story

“And he's asleep” Emmy looks up at OJ when she closes the book “don’t you think that book was a little bit scary, I mean he’s six months old hun” OJ hands her the book “relax em the locals said it’s a traditional book they read to all their children” emmy nods putting the book down on the side table “here can you put him to bed while he's still asleep, I’m going go finish dinner” OJ passes Bastian to Emmy and walks off.

Emmy stands and has a little look around at memories before going upstairs to lay bastian in his crib “Sleep sweet bastian'' Emmy drops a kiss on his head before walking out and going back downstairs and into the kitchen. “Smells good hun, but what is it?” as she reaches for the spoon OJ smacks her hand away “the locals said it is a traditional dish, it's called ciorba de legume'' Emmy nods while picking up a bottle of wine “another traditional thing?” OJ smiles shaking her head as emmy walks to the table “em you’re lucky that I love you” emmy smirks “I’m just that loveable'' OJ sighs happily but emmy catches another emotion “feeling ok” OJ rolls her eyes “you’ve asked me that too many times emmy I'm fine I promise” emmy sighs putting the bottle down and leaning on the chair “I know hun but after what happened to us lately i can't help but worry” OJ sighs “I don't get why your so-” a bullet hit OJ’s shoulder and emmy’s eyes widen as she ducks behind the table “Oylmpia!” more shots are fired hitting everything ( god what is it with people missing ) but mostly hitting OJ. After OJ’s body hits the ground and the shots have finished flying, Emmy loudly protests “w-what the hell is going on”.

Emmy, continuing to hide behind the table, see’s OJ’s bloodied body laying a few clicks away from her, when suddenly the table gets pushed to the side by Elina “Elina?! what the hell?!” Elina looks at her" I'm sorry Emmy” Elina then proceeds to aim her gun at OJ’s dead body and fires a couple more shots before turning and signalling to a group of guys that walk in and motion to where Emmy is sitting. The men then proceed to hold their guns at Emmy as she stands. The men then motion to her to start walking, Emmy lets them lead her out of the kitchen and into the hallway to the front door where one of Elina's men walks downstairs with Bastian “Bastian! What the hell are you doing? "They ignore him and hand Bastian to Elina “package secure, Ma’am” Emmy runs up to Elina “no! Elina give me back my son!” Elina sees Emmy run up to her so she turns and blocks Bastian from her “Emmy, no!'' a gun makes an impact with Emmy’s head knocking her to the ground and before she blacks out she looks up to her son “bassy” black. Elina sighs and looks down at the unconscious mother “get her out of here” she walks away with bastian while two of her guys start to drag Emmy behind her.