Chapter 7

HESH

I look at Merrick, and sigh.

"He's still there?" I ask and Merrick nods.

"Yes but he hasn't made a move to attack us yet" He says and I see Keegan lean against a table.

"Rorke needs to pay! He's taken everything from me!" I scream and slap the table next to me. I close my eyes as my mind wanders.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

I look at Merrick and sigh.

"David Walker, but everyone calls me Hesh" I say looking at my hands that rests on the table in front of me.

"And what's your age" Merrick asks sitting in the chair across from me.

"I'm twenty nine, sir" I say raising my eyes to meet his.

"Alright, and why do you wish to Join" he asks me.

"Is this really necessary? You know how I work, you've seen me and Logan fight and work" I say leaning back in my chair and fidgeting with the sleeve of my shirt.

"I have to do this for everyone" he says leaning forward.

I sigh and look around the room. It was dim but not in a bad way, it had light in so it was a bit of a calming environment... apart from Merrick who was acting like he was interrogating me for intel like I was an enemy.

"I want to join because I want to fight alongside my dad and make him proud. I have been working hard to be good enough to be a Ghost" I say sitting up a bit straighter.

"And Elias seems to think you're ready" Merrick says.

I look at him but don't say anything yet.

"You'll make your dad proud and I'll be happy to work alongside you as well" he says with a smile.

I nod and clasp my hands together under the table.

"Welcome to the Ghosts" he says offering his hand to shake.

I shake his hand and smile slightly.

"I won't let you down sir"

--time skip to Elias's death--

"DAD! NO! I'LL KILL YOU, YOU BASTARD!" I scream at Rorke.

I look towards Logan and dad, Logan is laid unconscious next to my dad's bleeding dead body.

I scream and shout until my throat burns. I cough and watch as Rorke leaves the room.

I let the tears fall and cry. I try to escape the ropes holding me to the chair.

"DAD WAKE UP!! DAD WAKE UP!! FUCKING WAKE UP!! DON'T LEAVE ME!! PLEASE!! NOT LIKE THIS!!" I scream. I tilt my head up and scream at the heavens.

"LOGAN WAKE UP!! LOGAN WAKE UP!! PLEASE!! BABY BROTHER WAKE UP!! WE HAVE TO GO!"

Then my eyes close and everything goes black.

--time skip to when Logan is captured--

I lay on the beach, all I can do is watch Logan getting dragged away from me by Rorke. I clutch at the bullet wound in my chest.

"Logan..." I call out.

"Logan!"

"LOGAN!!!"