Chapter 3: A Knock at My Door (Part 2)

"Oh my goodness, Mr. Hunt. What are you doing here? You're still in recovery!" I yelled at the man who followed me home. I sat him down.

I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me. Alec Hunt, the mysterious patient who miraculously recovered from multiple gunshot wounds and a severe head fracture, was actually in my living room, in a hospital gown. For a guy who almost died less than 24 hours ago, he was in pretty good shape. There must be something strange going on with him. And I've had my fair share of strange cases, but none like the one that I have in front of me. My eyes carefully examining him. With his bulging muscles and angular face, he made that hospital gown look as if just walk straight out of a run way.

"So, Edith, who's your friend?" James asked.

I gave James a glare and excused myself from Mr. Hunt. I grabbed James's arm and dragged him to the kitchen.

"What were you thinking? He could've been, and still very well be a murderer or a stalker!" I quietly yelled at James.

"Ok, first of all, he's wearing a hospital gown. Why would he be out for murder in that? And second of all, he's too hot to left outside like that. He's not an animal." James responded.

I grunted in response, frustrated with my friend's lack of control when it comes to the male species. "Don't you have some students to teach and whatnot?" Today, James's kindergarten class was taking a field trip to a museum. 

"You're right." He says. Then he whispers, "Have fun with the sexy stranger. Remember that there are only a few layers of clothing between you two." He laughs and grabs his car keys to leave. I roll my eyes once I heard the front door close. Then I hear another small laugh coming from the living room. Could Mr. Hunt have heard our conversation?

"Excuse me for one moment," I say to him as I make my way to my room to grab my silk robe and my medical bag. I walk towards Mr. Hunt, who is sitting on the sofa, and put on my silk robe.

"I feel fine you don't need to examine me. And you know I'd rather you take off clothes than put them on." He says smirking. I put down my medical bag and looked at him.

"And I'd rather you tell me why the hell you followed me to my house," I said accusingly, crossing my arms. His smirk fell off his face.

"You wanna know the truth?" He said with a serious look on his face.

I nodded and looked into his big brown eyes, which seemed darker than it did the first time I saw them. I sat down. His eyes never leaving me as I took a seat next to him. I could feel this aura between us, it was something unexplainable.

"I couldn't see you leave without the promise of seeing you another time." I repressed a smile and looked down at the floor. So cheesy but so adorable, I thought to myself.

"So you took a cab all the way to my house in a hospital gown just to what?" I asked.

"To hope that you'll give me a chance."

"I can't be in a relationship with someone I met 3 hours ago." I said reluctantly.

"We can be friends if you'd like. I'll take what I can get." He said pleadingly.

I gave him a confused look. He's so absolutely gorgeous, and I can't lie and say that I'm not attracted to him, but looks aren't everything. And the way he followed me to my house and is begging me to be in some sort of relationship to me seems pretty fucking weird. I'm definitely not in the mood to be murdered today after the shift I've just had.

"Look, I'm not gonna hurt you." He said honestly as if he read my mind.

"Maybe not. But the way you just followed me home and blatantly asked to be in a relationship with me kind of sets off alarms, don't you think?" I asked him. My eyes roam around his stunning face all the way down to his golden thighs. I saw him slightly shudder.