[ the last fall ]

as the world blurs around you, you stand at the center of it, witnessing the crumble of all what is true

as the world blurs around you, you stand at the center of it, witnessing the crumble of all what is true. and you think to yourself, why it even matters at all?
no matter how relentlessly you tried to push through the sorrows that plague your every movement, every word - every thought, you always find yourself wishing for the end of it all. after all, you live every day trudging towards an inevitable finale, knowing the only solace in this lifetime is the death of this pathetic corpse that you can't even call human anymore.

yet, you still can't deny the crimson blood coursing through your every vein, the breath that you can't help but inhale. because as much as you hate it, you too are human. even if you've forsaken the search for the soul you lost long ago, amidst the world that seems to spite you everytime you take a step forward to meet it.
( but the world's heart beats in unison with yours, and you know it will never give up on you. )

because as you look at yourself, i see my second self reflected through those lifeless eyes that once illuminated the world around me. and i can't help but think, where did i go wrong? when did i start looking at this hollow vessel in the reflection of the mirror instead?

but as the world begins to die, i think to myself why it even matters at all.