Chapter 1

1895–

The venerable Count Vlad III Dracula lay in a pool of his own blood, which was soaking into the red velvet-carpeted stairs leading up to his throne, his bone-white hair splayed around his head as he coughed weakly. A wooden stake was sticking out of his chest, having pierced his un-beating heart.

"My Lord..." came a whispered as out of the shadows crawled a very beautiful woman with long, black hair, and a heart-shaped face, wearing a long, blood-red dress. Three more women, looking identical to the first one, only wearing dresses of different colors, one black, one green, and the last one dark blue, came crawling out of the shadows, toward the dying Dracula.

"Curse those that foul Morris..." the black-dressed woman said, hissing in rage. "I wouldst tear his heart out..."

"My ladies..." Dracula coughed weakly, reaching up to stroke the green-dressed woman's cheek. "My vision darkens... I fear I shall not return from this final death..."

"Master?" the red-dressed woman said, blinking in shock. "What do you mean?"

"This was the final time, I fear..." Dracula mumbled. "My mind and body are destroyed now, completely... But my powers and my spirit live on. You shall find me in a new incarnation... Look for me... in my heir, the boy of lightning..."

With that, Dracula drew his final breath, slowly dissolving into dust, leaving the four identical women to cry over his ashes.

1982–

"This is it, Number Four, Privet Drive..." a woman wearing a long, flowing red dress said, standing next to an identical-looking woman wearing a blue dress. The blue-dressed woman clicked her teeth.

"Awfully neat, aren't they, these humans?" she asked as she looked over the lawn, which was perfectly mowed, and the car was spotless, not a speck of dust on it. Shrugging, the two made their way across the lawn and knocked on the door rather loudly, not caring that it was just after midnight.

The door opened, revealing a morbidly obese man with a walrus mustache, who looked newly awoken and was glaring heatedly at the two women.

"Whatever you're selling, I don't want it! Aren't you capable of telling the time, women?" he barked angrily, and the red-dressed woman smirked.

"Now, now, don't be like that," she purred, her thick, Romanian accent easily heard. "Wouldn't a gentleman invite two innocent women into his home on such a dark and dreary night?"

The fat man's eyes glazed over, and slowly he nodded, stepping to the side to allow the two women inside.

"Of course. Come on in..." he mumbled, and the two women smirked wider, stepping over the threshold.

"There's too much fat on him. No use wasting a bite on that," the red-dressed woman said. "Aleera, will you do the honors?"

"Of course, Verona," the blue-dressed woman, Aleera, said happily as she reached over to the fat man's head, and then promptly snapped his neck. The man crumpled to the ground with an audible thud. Verona chuckled as she heard noise coming from upstairs, including the cries of a child. She sniffed the air once, then looked to the cupboard under the stairs leading up to the second floor. She made a gesture with her hand.