Chapter 8

"You see, I think, how foolish it was to suppose that this boy could ever have been stronger than me," Voldemort said as he looked around at the Death Eaters gathered in the graveyard, all of them people Harold made sure to remember. "But I want there to be no mistake in anybody's mind. Harry Potter, now known as Harold Dracula, escaped me by a lucky chance. And I am now going to prove my power by killing him, here and now, in front of you all, when there is no Dumbledore to help him, and no mother to die for him. I will give him his chance-"

"The moon is beautiful tonight," Harold interrupted suddenly, and Voldemort's head whipped around to look at him.

"What was that?"

"The moon," Harold said, gesturing upward with his head, where a lunar eclipse was taking place, displaying a blood red moon. "The moon's light is lovely tonight, isn't it? Red as blood. It's like a feast in the sky. So very close, yet just out of reach. Unable to be grasped, yet empowering all the same."

"What are you on about?" Voldemort asked, his eyes narrowing dangerously. Harold laughed.

"Holy water and crosses!" Harold barked as he strained. Then, the arms of the stone cross snapped. The ropes loosened, and Harold dropped to his feet on the ground, laughing loudly. "On the eve of the blood moon, none of these things will hold me! I thank you for talking long enough for the bloody moon to appear before me, when my powers are at their peak!"

"What is this? Confidence, Dracula?" Voldemort asked, his mouth curving into a smirk. "Do you truly believe that you can stand a chance against me?"

"Dog food will always remain dog food," Harold said simply, making sure to drive the point into Voldemort's skull that he considered him to be an inferior being.

Voldemort's eyes narrowed with rage, and before Harold knew what was happening, he had already raised his wand, and the green light of the Killing Curse came crashing into his chest, sending him tumbling across the ground.

"Do you see?" Voldemort asked, spinning around to face his Death Eaters. "Do you see what foolishness it was to think that he could ever best me?"

"That's twice now..." a whisper reached Voldemort's ears, making his eyes widen as he spun around again, to see Harold rising to his feet.

"That is impossible!" Voldemort yelled. "What are you?"

"I am he that liveth, and was dead... and, behold, I am alive forevermore..." Harold quoted Revelations, a grin slowly spreading on his face. "Come, Lord Voldemort! I haven't danced in ages!"

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort bellowed, flinging another Killing Curse at Harold, but Harold exploded into a black mist, allowing the curse to pass right through him, before he rematerialized again. He swiped his cloak at Voldemort, firing a crescent moon of green energy at him. Voldemort ducked the horizontal arch, which flew straight into the Death Eater ranks, severing two of them at the waist.

Dodging another Killing Curse, Harold gave Voldemort a bored glance.

"Is that all you can do? Or are you afraid of attracting the attention of the Muggles?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. This was Lord Voldemort, one of the greatest wizards of all time, and all he could do was fling Killing Curses at great speeds?

"Shut up, Potter!" Voldemort hissed, waving his wand in an intricate pattern. A giant snake formed out of fire and charged at Harold, who laughed.