𝘪𝘮𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬

SYNOPSIS !
y/n and ariana's teenaged twins plot to get them back together.

                            I CAN ALREADY HEAR THE lecture I'm about to get as I climb the bleacher steps, her eyes burning holes into my face

                            I CAN ALREADY HEAR THE lecture I'm about to get as I climb the bleacher steps, her eyes burning holes into my face. The game is in full swing behind me, only having started a few minutes before I arrived. I didn't miss much, but I knew she'd be on my ass anyway.

I scoot past other parents and attendees, giving them awkward and apologetic smiles as I make my way to the seat she saved for me in the very middle.

I smile at her as I sit, the look on her face making me brace for impact.

"Hey, Dorothy. Sorry I'm—"

"Where the fuck have you been?" She snaps, cutting me off before I can even tell her "where the fuck I've been."

"I was getting there, Ariana. My last appointment ran a bit longer than expected. Sorry, I'm late. Have I missed anything?" I ask, looking out onto the football field, searching for my son's number.

I spot him quickly, standing in a circle around his coach with his hands on his hips, listening closely. He's chewing on his lip, and I already know that he's going to draw blood by the end of the game.

My eyes flutter down the field to the line of girls on the sidelines, all with bows in their hair. I grin when I see my daughter, hair pulled into a high ponytail, and a big smile on her face as she cheers to the crowd.

Ariana sighs beside me, her arms tucked tightly against her chest. "It's always work with you, hm? But no, you haven't missed anything."

I peel my eyes away from my daughter and look back at Ariana. "I'll make sure to cut off a patient in the middle of them opening up next time, Ariana. Just for you, babe."

I tap her arm and give her a sarcastic smile. She side-eyes me, her lips pursing. She clears her throat, a sign that she's about the change the subject.

"Sawyer wants to know if he can have some friends over at yours tomorrow night. I told him no since Dalton has to work early on Sunday," Ariana says, looking back at the field and clapping as our daughter jumps into a split.

I furrow my eyebrows at the name, trying not to throw up all over the poor woman in front of me.

"Dalton? He's staying over now? You guys have been dating for like three months."

Just saying his name makes me cringe.

I see Ariana roll her eyes. "Nine months. What I do in my home doesn't concern you."